Windows 7 Unable to sync Pocket PC device?

TechnoHippie

I can't get my Windows Mobile 6 device to sync.

I'm sure it's a device driver problem - from the hardware device manager I see "Pocket PC USB Sync" and it's saying no device driver found for it. Winblows can't find it from the online updates either.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

similar problem here.

I've upgraded from vista so i allready had mobile device center 6.1 installed. the thing is that win7 detects the PocketPC without a problem, but mobile device center hungs on start. I've tried reinstalling but nothing.

Any help would be apreciated.

Regads,
Julián

Solved!

I've upgraded from vista so i allready had mobile device center 6.1 installed. the thing is that win7 detects the PocketPC without a problem, but mobile device center hungs on start. I've tried reinstalling but nothing.

Any help would be apreciated.

Regads,
Julián

SOLVED

Reproduce this steps to solve the problem.

1) Connect the PocketPC/Smartphone
2) go to device manager, look under Portable Devices and <shift> delete it. Delete drivers too.
3) go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features and uninstall "Windows Mobile device center" and drivers too.
4) disconect PocketPC/Smartphone
5) reinstall Mobile device center, downloading it from: Link Removed due to 404 Error
6) reconect thePocketPC/Smartphone and it should work fine.

Regards,
Julián

PS: Thanks Die!!

I'll have to try this later. Syncing my HTC Kaiser was the last thing on my list as I still have my XP workstation set as my main PC.

my samsung omnia links up np so I wonder if you need to maybe try the method mentioned above ;)

did you install the device centre before connecting the phone ??

Still having trouble

I went through these steps, and still ended up with the "Device manager has stopped working properly" message. It shows me that the Pocket PC is ready but the driver did not install. I tried both the 32 and 64 bit drivers.

Does anyone else have a solution?

SOLVED

Reproduce this steps to solve the problem.

1) Connect the PocketPC/Smartphone
2) go to device manager, look under Portable Devices and <shift> delete it. Delete drivers too.
3) go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features and uninstall \"Windows Mobile device center\" and drivers too.
4) disconect PocketPC/Smartphone
5) reinstall Mobile device center, downloading it from: Link Removed due to 404 Error
6) reconect thePocketPC/Smartphone and it should work fine.

Regards,
Julián

PS: Thanks Die!!

I went through these steps, and still ended up with the "Device manager has stopped working properly" message. It shows me that the Pocket PC is ready but the driver did not install. I tried both the 32 and 64 bit drivers.

Does anyone else have a solution?

Same problem here. MDC 6.1 on my windows 7 64 machine it didn't work, so I uninstalled it (it existed prior the windows 7 install on vista 64) and went to reinstall it--figuring a reinstall of the app might work since I had to do a reinstall for another app to get it working again (vmware workstation)--but each time I try to reinstall it a "...stopped working properly..." box pops up.

I also tried what was said above and left it uninstalled and hoped that the windows 7 gods would magically recognize my blackjack using whatever built-in trickery that might exist, but no go.

I'm sort of stuck here but I'm the idiot who installed this beta software right over my perfectly fine working copy of vista 64 when all signs point to not doing that. Luckily, I have another windows machine that I ported the sync over to, so I can get by, but it's definitely not ideal.

But, this is really the only problem I've had with windows 7 to date, so I am still pleased even with the beta.

Anyways, if anyone knows of any other fixes to this, please post.

not throwing in the towel!

I'm about to migrate my whole Outlook operation over to my laptop, not ideal but workable. I'm not giving up, I'll post if we find a solution :cool:

Found the fix (at least this worked for me):

Link Removed due to 404 Error

After deleting this reg key I went to re-install MDC 6.1 and it worked.

Back
Top Bottom