Windows 7 Unable to uninstall a program

villarreal171

So I've been trying to uninstall a program off of my programs list and it continues to tell me that I am unable to do so because I am not the administrator. My account on my computer is the administrator account and it is the only account on my computer. This is the message it keeps telling me, "You must be an Administrator to remove the application. To remove the application you can log on to an Administrator account or contact your technical support group for assistance." I don't understand why it keeps telling me this because I am the administrator for my computer.
I don't know how to go about approaching this problem and fixing it so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

click the start button and type this in the search box appwiz.cpl
instead of hitting enter, hit Ctrl+Shift + Enter, this will prompt you to run the add/remove programs as administrator.

Thanks for the help but it still won't let me uninstall the program. It keeps telling me that I do not have sufficient access to uninstall it and that the system administrator prevents me from doing so.

Do you have UAC turned on? With UAC it should prompt your for admin credentials when you try to uninstall a program.

Is this computer on a domain? or is it just a standalone PC?

So I've been trying to uninstall a program off of my programs list and it continues to tell me that I am unable to do so because I am not the administrator. My account on my computer is the administrator account and it is the only account on my computer. This is the message it keeps telling me, "You must be an Administrator to remove the application. To remove the application you can log on to an Administrator account or contact your technical support group for assistance." I don't understand why it keeps telling me this because I am the administrator for my computer.
I don't know how to go about approaching this problem and fixing it so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I had the same problem. You can use CCleaner available on CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download I am sure the this app will help you in other area also.

Back