Windows 10 Unexpected Store Exception

Chalisedrea

I recently built a new rig, and every since finishing it, I've had a problem with BSODs happening usually every couple of days. Sometimes it's multiple times a day, and other times I can go several days without one. I've tried fixing it on my own, but I'm stumped and I'm hoping someone here can help. Attached is the dump file, that I hope I did correctly.

Attachments

• W7F_27-01-2016.zip
    310.5 KB · Views: 336
You'll need to upload some crash dumps to determine the cause of the BSOD
  • Press (Windows key + x)
  • System
  • Advanced
  • Startup and Recovery Settings
  • Under System Failures and enable small memory dumps
  • Upload the dump file after another BSOD
From what you have uploaded I'd wager one of these older drivers is causing the issue and I would try and update them if you can.
HpSAMD HpSAMD Kernel 3/26/2013 5:36:54 PM
LGBusEnum Logitech GamePanel Vir Kernel 11/23/2009 8:36:48 PM
LGVirHid Logitech Gamepanel Vir Kernel 11/23/2009 8:36:48 PM

LSI_SSS LSI_SSS Kernel 3/15/2013 7:39:38 PM
megasr megasr Kernel 6/3/2013 6:02:39 PM
SiSRaid2 SiSRaid2 Kernel 9/24/2008 2:28:20 PM
SiSRaid4 SiSRaid4 Kernel 10/1/2008 5:56:04 PM

vsmraid vsmraid Kernel 4/22/2014 3:21:41 PM
VSTXRAID VIA StorX Storage RAID Kernel 1/21/2013 2:00:28 PM

I recently built a new rig, and every since finishing it, I've had a problem with BSODs happening usually every couple of days. Sometimes it's multiple times a day, and other times I can go several days without one. I've tried fixing it on my own, but I'm stumped and I'm hoping someone here can help. Attached is the dump file, that I hope I did correctly.
Hi,
unfortunately no dump files were present in your zip file. The reasons for no dump file creation are, incorrect settings or no page file or one that's below 200mb. Please ensure your settings are set like this:
Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.

You will of course need to have another bsod before a dump file is created but once it does, upload the dump file and we'll take a look.

I forgot to mention, please list the make and model of your PSU.

Alright, well, while I wait on another BSOD to happen to get the dump file. My PSU is a XFX TS Series P1550SXXB9 550W ATX12V 2.2 & ESP12V 2.91 SLI.

Something else you could try in the meantime is these scans:
File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Alright, I finally had another BSOD, but this time it was a Critical Process Died, not Unexpected Store Exception... I did the scans that were suggested and everything came up as being fine.

Anyway, here's the new file:

Attachments

• W7F_28-01-2016.zip
    316.7 KB · Views: 395
Hi,
still no dump file I'm afraid, see:
no bsod.jpg

Are you using a SSD by any chance? I just wonder as sometimes SSD users will turn off their page file. Is your Pagefile running and above 200mb?
You can find it by:
Click 'Advanced' along the top,
under 'Performance' click settings,
choose 'Advanced' along the top,
at the bottom you'll see virtual memory and a figure. Click on 'Change' and set it to the recommended amount.

Also please double check your settings are set like this:
Open the run application.
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.

Yes, I'm using a SSD, I had changed all the other settings, but the virtual memory was not set to the recommended amount, so I have changed that now... everything is now set as you have instructed, and I have double checked. I guess I will have to wait for another BSOD

If you check your main windows folder for a folder marked Minidump that's where you'll find them, post em up as soon as you have any and we'll take a look.

Alright... I've double and triple checked all my settings, everything is as I've been told to put it, but I've since had two crashes, and neither one has generated a dump file...

Hmm..make sure your paging file is the same size as your memory plus 1mb. Also is your page file on the C drive?

Alright... so I changed my paging file to my memory plus 1 MB, and it is on the C drive... still no dumps showing up... ran the trouble shooter, it says it cannot identify the problem.

Hmmm..Weird, is your Storage controller set to AHCI? Hard drive issues can stop dump file creation so is your storage drivers up to date? Is your SSD updated firmware wise and running ok?

Back
Top Bottom