Windows 7 Unidentified Network, NO INTERNET ACCESS

kylexy

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and I need the help of experties here..

my problem is when i start my PC, it comes up with no internet connections,
it does says "Network - No internet access" then below that one is "Unidentified Network - No internet access"
Link Removed due to 404 Error
it will only be back when i disable/re enable my local area connection (sometimes rebooting it once or twice will solve the problem, but it shows after rebooting again)

Here is the ipconfig /all incase you need it
No internet access
Link Removed due to 404 Error

After re enabling the connection
12504ty.jpg

please help me.......................

Need answers please..........

Last edited:
When the problem occurs, you're missing the default gateway. You can try manually assigning the IP values statically for IPv4 in the properties of your network adapter, and uncheck for now IPv6 and see if the connection is anymore reliable. You should also make sure that the drivers for that adapter are the most recent and check your router manufacturer and make sure that you have the latest firmware updates for that. As for the additional network, these are usually caused by additional adapters. Check device manager, expand network adapters and disable any you are not using.

COol thanks, now i solve my problem...

I did what you said.. I assigned IP addresses manually, the subnet and default gateway also the DNS server....

thank you very much......

Please helppp Unidentified network problem windows 7 x64

Hi... I was able to browse the internet before in my windows 7 pc, but now it says "Unidentified network"... I have tried resetting the router, manually assigning an IP address (I don't know what to put in the DNS field so I left it blank) but nothing worked. It's windows 7 x64.

The network troubleshooter only prompts me to reset the router... and I have no Apple software which apparently is one of the causes of this problem with the Bonjour service.

The troubleshooter also says "Wireless network connection doesn't hace a valid IP configuration" But it won't do anything about it.

Please helpp!!!

OK, well you can't browe the internet without something in the DNS fields. First try setting everything back to auto. Reboot your network completely and then from a command prompt type ipconfig /all and if you would post the information here. (see attachment) If you really think that it's just a DNS issue then you can probably use the google public DNS servers 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 but just use the bottom two boxes by selecting the Use the following DNS server addresses: radio button, leave the top set to auto.

Not browsing yet

OK, well you can't browe the internet without something in the DNS fields. First try setting everything back to auto. Reboot your network completely and then from a command prompt type ipconfig /all and if you would post the information here. (see attachment) If you really think that it's just a DNS issue then you can probably use the google public DNS servers 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 but just use the bottom two boxes by selecting the Use the following DNS server addresses: radio button, leave the top set to auto.

I tried to use those DNS servers leaving the IP in auto. For some reason, the IP the computer gets automatically does not start by 192. It should be something like 192.168.0.3 but it gets another IP like 162.xx.x.x. What do you mean with "radio button"?? Still unidentified network.

Would you please post the ipconfig /all results for that computer, that I requested in my original post. Also how exactly are you connecting to the internet? Or maybe I should say attempting to connect. Computer->Switch Port on Router->ISP Provided Equipment or something completely different.

Solved

Would you please post the ipconfig /all results for that computer, that I requested in my original post. Also how exactly are you connecting to the internet? Or maybe I should say attempting to connect. Computer->Switch Port on Router->ISP Provided Equipment or something completely different.

I solved it. Manually assigned IP address and the correct DNS servers for my ISP. For some reason, the computer is not assigned the correct IP nor the correct DNS when in automatic mode. Thanks for your help.

Glad you have it resolved and thanks for posting back your solution. We seem to see this issue a lot and often manually assigning staic ip address as you have done is the solution that seems to work.
Thanks Again
Randy

inconfig.JPG

I have uploaded the ipconfig file. Please suggest what can be done to resolve this unidentified problem.

Please try again, this time using the /all switch (ipconfig /all) so that we can see what you are using for DNS. It looks like you could also try disabling IPv6 in the properties of your network adapter. I am also seing two (2) wireless adapters, not sure why. For the time being just go into device manager and disable both of them (if there is in fact two) for now and we will concentrate on the wired connection. By the way "Please suggest what can be done to resolve this unidentified problem" lacks a lot of information as to what your problem is, so please tell us what exactly you need help doing.

As per your suggestion i have disabled wireless connection. also find below the ipconfig/all for your reference.

C:\Users\RISHI>ipconfig/all
Windows IP Configuration
Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : RISHI-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Marvell Yukon 88E8040 PCI-E Fast Etherne
Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-25-64-6E-82-1A
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.84.150(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 203.94.227.70
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.{29DF7538-09AB-4845-8B94-F2B86482B8D5}:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Even after this i am getting the unidentified network problem. Please suggest what can be done now.

According to the information that you have provided, you network adapter is not receiveing the correct ip configuration from your network's DHCP Server. It's using a default automatic address (APIPA). So you should attempt to figure out why it's not communicating with a DHCP Server (probably your router or ISP provided device) how is it connected. Also go here, there is a new driver only a couple weeks old for that NIC select your model number from the list and download and update the driver. There's a readme.txt file included in the download that will explain how to do this Marvell: Support

hello im having the exact same problem as you did, im connected through a router together with two other computers and they're working fine, got my new computer today and its having the same problem with the network as you did. How exactly did you fix the manual IP and how do you know which IP to enter?

i tried both win xp and 7 and im experiencing the same problem with both OS

thx

edit: ill post the ipconfig /all asap

Host name: Pulimuli
Primary DNS suffix:
Node type: Hybrid
IP Routing enabled: No
WINS Proxy enabled: No

Ethernet Adapter Local Area Connection
Connection-specific DNS suffix
Description: Realtek PCIe GBE family controller
Physical adress: 00-00-00-00-00-00
DHCP enabled: Yes
Autoconfiguration enabled: Yes
Link-Local IPv6 adress: fe80::d040:3ceb:77d9:b0ecx13(preffered)
Autoconfiguration IPv4 adress: 169.254.176.236(preffered)
Subnet mask: 255.255.0.0
Default gateway:
DHCPv6 IAID: 201326592
DHCPv6 Client IAID: 00-01-00-01-14-11-CC-51-00-00-00-00-00-00

DNS Servers: fec0:0:0:ffff::1x1
same but 2x1
same but 3x1

NetBIOS over Tcpip: Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap:

Media state: Media disconnected
Connection-specific dns suffix
description: Microsoft ISATAP adapter
Physical adress: 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP enabled: No

Tunnel Adapter Local Area Connection* 9:

Media state: Media disconnected
Connection-specific dns suffix:
Description: Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter
Physical adress: 00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP enabled: No

Last edited:
First make sure that you have the most recent drivers for your network interface card installed on your computer.
Second, try this
type ncpa.cpl into the search box and hit enter
on the network connections page select then right click your adapter and choose properties
on the local area connection properties dialog box click the Configure button near the top
on the resultant dialog box choose the advanced tab at the top
in the left box/frame labeled Property: look for something called Speed & Duplex, select it
and then use the drop down arrow under "Value" to select 100 half
OK your way back out of there, reboot your computer
Let us know if that helps at all.

im connected through a router together with two other computers and they're working fine, got my new computer today and its having the same problem with the network as you did.

Check your router so that it isn't blocking the mac address of the new computer's adapter. If there is a whitelist, add new computer to it.
Check the DHCP server settings so that available ip addresses exist in its range to give out.

Glad to hear it and thanks for updating the thread with your follow-up. Not exactly sure what is causing it, but we've seen a few instances where a gigabit card set to auto negotiate the speed and duplex, was just not able to do so and a manual setting resolved the issue. Could be the card and its' drivers, or could be the router needs a firmware revision.
But happy you were able to resolve your issue and hope to continue to see you around the forums.

Well thank god you were here and that there was an easy solution to the problem, i was beginning to fear that my network card was damaged or something!

Back
Top Bottom