Windows 7 Unidentified Network, NO INTERNET ACCESS

Didn't want to make new thread. I tried everything and I just keep getting "unidentified network"... I don't know if wireless connection is working but when i connect the cable it goes "identifying" and then "unidentified network"...How can I make it work?

C:\Windows\system32>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : home-TOSH
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Wireless LAN adapter ???????????? ??????? ??????????:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : E8-39-DF-68-9E-F5
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter LAN:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR8152 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Contro
ller (NDIS 6.20)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-26-6C-79-22-AC
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::c158:d513:4114:273%11(Preferred)
Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.2.115(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 234890860
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-13-F2-99-08-00-26-6C-79-22-AC

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1
fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1
fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

Tunnel adapter ??????????? ?? ????????? ????*:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter isatap.{4487E265-AFC6-4DF8-841E-9C5EB32828F9}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : ??????? Microsoft ISATAP

Tunnel adapter isatap.{130EA99E-66AE-45F2-9B56-D25A02B22E8C}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter

Did you attempt to use the solution in post #15 of this thread. http://windows7forums.com/windows-7...-network-no-internet-access-2.html#post170975
try experimenting with the speed and duplex, if 100 half, doesn't work for you after a reboot, then try 10 half and reboot and see if that produces any better results.
Your network interface card is failing when attempting to receive DHCP information from whatever is providing DHCP on your network, presumably your router. So if you don't have any luck when switching the speed and duplex, then you may want to try manually entering static values for IPv4 in the properties of your network adapter. If you need help, post back with the results of an ipconfig /all (from a command prompt) on the computer you are using right now, if it's connected to the same router.

I tried all of this, nothing changes.
ipconfig /all from this computer:

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . :
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : vdnet.lt

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vdnet.lt
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Eth
ernet NIC
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-40-F4-BF-4F-89
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : *******
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.252.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 84.32.128.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 84.32.38.4
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 84.32.38.10
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

Last edited:
OK, that's publicly addressable IP address, so maybe you can expain how you are connecting the computers to the network. If you network does not include any router or switch type devices and has only a cable / dsl device provided by your ISP, then most likely when you disconnect one machine from the device to connect another, you will need to reboot your network otherwise the DHCP information isn't refreshed from your provider's DHCP server. Just speculation because I have no idea how you are attempting to network anything.

No I don't have a router, only cable. So I have to call my ISP to solve this or I can do it by myself?

Generally speaking, if you are simply unplugging one machine (cat5 cable) from the ISP provided device and plugging in another then the connection will not work automatically, I suspect because the DHCP leased IP address is associated with the MAC address of the machine you have unplugged. So when you do something of this nature, you will need to remove the power from the ISP provided device (and if it has a battery remove that as well) turn the computer off. Wait a couple seconds, then replace the battery, plug the device back into the wall and boot up the machine and that should do it. Of course there are a few other factors that may be involved, for instance, if you are using a PPPoE type DSL connection, say from ATT, then you will need to incorporate your username and password into the connection properties. But if you are using Comcast or other such providers then the network reboot should resolve it. Another considereation is providers, like Verizon, who have an unusually long DHCP lease time, 2 hours in some cases. In those cases you may need to release the DHCP lease before rebooting the network or else wait for the lease to expire before you can receive another. In that case a call to your provider may help explain the issue.

Yes, IP address is associated with the MAC, I just changed network address in new laptop to MAC of this computer. And it works! Can it cause any problems in future?

Well, it could in the event you attempt to use both computers on the same network, since duplicate MACs are not permitted. Network nodes need unique physical address, as well as names and IPs.

Did you attempt to use the solution in post #15 of this thread. http://windows7forums.com/windows-7...-network-no-internet-access-2.html#post170975
try experimenting with the speed and duplex, if 100 half, doesn't work for you after a reboot, then try 10 half and reboot and see if that produces any better results.
Your network interface card is failing when attempting to receive DHCP information from whatever is providing DHCP on your network, presumably your router. So if you don't have any luck when switching the speed and duplex, then you may want to try manually entering static values for IPv4 in the properties of your network adapter. If you need help, post back with the results of an ipconfig /all (from a command prompt) on the computer you are using right now, if it's connected to the same router.

TROUBLE!! Not at all, you are a %$%&* legend!! You have no idea the amount of grief I have had solving this issue with unidentified network, and you have just done it. It was the speed and duplex. And 100 didn't work, but 10 did. I seem to remember I changed this once before and set it to 100 and got a connection, but if you realised how many things i have tried, forums i have submitted too, etc, etc, you would see how I could have deemed this was not the problem.

To put you in (my) the picture, I had a brand new system that connected fine on Win7, and then after a few weeks it didn't. I too was getting the "Loopback Pseudo Interface" error, and "no adapter in a permissable state".

I manually set my ipconfig parameters, turned off ipv6, and did numerous (everything?) other things.

Something I did notice....was when it decided to work again, for whatever reason, it would be fine and i could turn my comp off and on and it wouldn't loose connection, but if i EVER let it go to sleep or hibernate....BAM.....gone.

I must be turning into a real geek.....as I have never been so happy @ having a problem solved (remebering i have had a number of forum administrators and power users looking into this). I really was about to ditch Win 7.

Thanks again Trouble :)

marksb:
Welcome to the forums.
Thanks and you're welcome, glad to hear that you were able to resolve your issue. Isn't it funny how answers are always in the last place you look.
Sometimes auto-negotiate just seems to fail, don't know if it is a router issue (firmware update required) or a network interface card driver issue, or just a confluence of everything. But often experimenting with the speed and duplex settings will at least provide a work around (speed 1000, 100 or 10) duplex (half or full).
Anyway good to hear from you and hope to continue to see you around the forums.

I would have to think installation of software had some effect on this, as it came out of the blue with no hardware/network changes. The funny thing is though, as stated sleep/hibernate definately made it happen everytime, and then it didn't matter if you did a full re-boot, it just made its mind up when it would come right? Usually a 1 to a few days?

Very strange, but thanks again.

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and I need the help of experties here..

my problem is when i start my PC, it comes up with no internet connections,
it does says "Network - No internet access" then below that one is "Unidentified Network - No internet access"
Link Removed due to 404 Error
it will only be back when i disable/re enable my local area connection (sometimes rebooting it once or twice will solve the problem, but it shows after rebooting again)

Here is the ipconfig /all incase you need it
No internet access
Link Removed due to 404 Error

After re enabling the connection
12504ty.jpg

please help me.......................

Need answers please..........

I had the same problem and was going mad trying to find the solution on the net and you tube.
Finally I found out that it was the antivirus that was causing the problem.
I turned off the mcafee firewall and everything connected as if there was never a problem. Home came back, limited access disappeared and internet access was turned on.
Then, I went to control panel - administrative tools - services and disabled the firewall from there.
This is important as only after doing the above can you turn on the windows firewall and surf happily ever after.

Ambar Prasad class VIII

Ambar:
Hello and welcome to the forums. And thanks for that very helpful post. We continue to see anti-virus products causing these types of issues and they will often require some serious tweaking or even an uninstall just to confirm that they may be at issue.
I actually read a post recently that made me laugh, a member said that Symantec should consider calling their Norton product an Operating System rather that a software application, because of it's tendency to practically take over a system and I suspect that McAfee isn't far behind in that regard. We here on the forums often recommend replacing them with the free offering of Link Removed due to 404 Error it seems to be a reasonable replacement, with less tweaking required and a much smaller footprint in so far as system resources are concerned.
Anyhow just wanted to say thanks. And keep up the good work.

First make sure that you have the most recent drivers for your network interface card installed on your computer.
Second, try this
type ncpa.cpl into the search box and hit enter
on the network connections page select then right click your adapter and choose properties
on the local area connection properties dialog box click the Configure button near the top
on the resultant dialog box choose the advanced tab at the top
in the left box/frame labeled Property: look for something called Speed & Duplex, select it
and then use the drop down arrow under "Value" to select 100 half
OK your way back out of there, reboot your computer
Let us know if that helps at all.

Hi Trouble,
I've been suffering with this issue for over twelve months and I had given up hope (was using a wireless dongle instead of my wired connection) I randomly read the quoted post and figured it wouldn't hurt to try.
Imagine my surprise when it actually worked!
Being a pessimist about this I rebooted, and got the little yellow exclamation triangle over my lan connection, about to resign again when it self cleared. I checked online and it worked, so I rebooted again to be sure and it did it again but shortly after resolved itself and I can surf at my leisure again.

Thank you very much for having posted this solution, I for one am very grateful you did.

Kev

One last thing, Will adjusting the speed as you recommended affect my overall broadband speed or is that just to do with initialising the network connection?

Short answer is no, if you are currently running at 100 full, or even 100 half then you are fine and capable of handling traffic in excess of anything you are likely to receive from your ISP.
Keep checking your network adapter manufacturer's website for updated drivers for your card from time to time, it seems that for some reason the Win7 drivers for some Gigabit cards just do not communicate well with some concentrators and consequently fail to properly negotiate a mutually agreed upon operating speed and duplex. I suspect that a future driver update for the adapter or a firmware update for the router will help resolve these types of issues.
Glad to hear that you've managed to resolve your problem and thanks for posting your update here.
Regards
Randy

Back
Top Bottom