Windows 10 Uninstall Avast Free Antivirus .

NettleWarbler

Honorable Member
Afternoon all , I was wondering if anyone knows how to Uninstall Avast Free Antivirus . I installed it by mistake last night that and another program something with byte in its name . The program I installed was Daemon tools free , I have a large Disk image video file . And I thought Daemon tools free might open the file . I thought id cancelled the two other programs that downloaded with Daemon tools free . The byte one I got rid of with Revo Uninstaller Pro , but Avast just wont shift I tried Uninstalling with Revo Uninstaller Pro , then Forced Uninstall with Revo Uninstaller Pro . Finally Quick Uninstall with the same programme , that ran for over an hour still no good . Iv tried Control panel , Apps & Features ( which says windows cannot access this file ) I tried changing permission In Users to Everyone to try and fix this , but no good I tried to remove from CCleaner tools and its still here . I don't even like Avast , Avg would be my choice for a free antivirus .

Attachments

• Apps and Features.PNG
    Apps and Features.PNG
    131.3 KB · Views: 679
  • Control Panel.PNG
    Control Panel.PNG
    121 KB · Views: 687
  • Avast Uninstall.PNG
    Avast Uninstall.PNG
    23.6 KB · Views: 826
  • USERS Permissions.PNG
    USERS Permissions.PNG
    69.4 KB · Views: 711
I tried IOBit Uninstaller no good , I tried Avast clear this morning it ran for an hour and a half with the white line running across a blue icon . This night I tried it in safe mode a message saying the stub cannot run installer . Then I went to Apps & Features and tried to remove it in safe mode , its gone . I hope that's the last I see of that .

Attachments

• Safe Mode.PNG
    Safe Mode.PNG
    22.3 KB · Views: 578
  • Avast Clear 1n half hours.PNG
    Avast Clear 1n half hours.PNG
    87.3 KB · Views: 387
  • Uninstall Safe Mode.PNG
    Uninstall Safe Mode.PNG
    9.9 KB · Views: 479
  • Complete.PNG
    Complete.PNG
    12 KB · Views: 599
Originally posted by NettleWarbler

Afternoon all , I was wondering if anyone knows how to Uninstall Avast Free Antivirus . I installed it by mistake last night that and another program something with byte in its name . The program I installed was Daemon tools free , I have a large Disk image video file . And I thought Daemon tools free might open the file . I thought id cancelled the two other programs to write essay today that downloaded with Daemon tools free . The byte one I got rid of with Revo Uninstaller Pro , but Avast just wont shift I tried Uninstalling with Revo Uninstaller Pro , then Forced Uninstall with Revo Uninstaller Pro . Finally Quick Uninstall with the same programme , that ran for over an hour still no good . Iv tried Control panel , Apps & Features ( which says windows cannot access this file ) I tried changing permission In Users to Everyone to try and fix this , but no good I tried to remove from CCleaner tools and its still here . I don't even like Avast , Avg would be my choice for a free antivirus .

I tried to download the aswclear.exe, but paradoxically it was blocked by Avast. I've seen there's a free generic AV uninstall utility - AppRemover. Have you tried it?

Back