Windows 7 Update for Windows Defender - KB915597 (Definition 1.245.1059.0)

Vladdypuss666

Hello. I installed this update and now Kaspersky won't load. Anybody else having the same issue? Any suggestions gratefully received

I would simply do a repair on Kaspersky.
Thank you for your response. I couldn't open the programme nor repair it. I uninstalled and reinstalled but still had the same problem so I contacted Kaspersky and they have sent me instructions. I'll let you know if it works.

From my experience I have to disagree. Every computer I've had in the last 10 years with their paid version has been rife with viruses; some with massive infection counts, as high as 30,000. It comes with 1 free year from manufacturer's such as Toshiba and HP. With a very high-end $80/yr. subscription renewal rate, it certainly should do a better job of protection. I'd recommend one of the 3 AV's mentioned in my Post #4. 2 of the 3 of those (Avast & EMSIsoft run about $40 or less per year) and provide much superior protection. Another thing on Kaspersky, if it's so good how come none of the Fortune500 companies are running this product as their corporate AV program either internally on their infrastructure servers or on the laptops of sales people or field engineers? All my IT buddies when queried as to which Fortune500 companies are actually running Kaspersky, the answer for the last 6 years has uniformly been: "none that I am aware of or who are my Customers!". o_O This doesn't bode well for me, having come from the IT field as you are now in. If the Fortune500 IT departments are not willing to use this product either internally or externally, then how good can it be?
Furthermore, quite of few of the top-rated AV programs out of the 35-40 products tested annually give them high ratings in their labs and in e-Magazines such as PC World, but that doesn't necessarily translate to a solid product for the Consumer.:andwhat: For example, take a look at this site which I know you are familiar with: AV-TEST – The Independent IT-Security Institute
These are the latest test results from AV-TEST, one of the best if not the best independent AV testing labs in Europe (they are in East Germany). They give Kaspersky a "TOP" rating in their April 2017 tests I link to above. However, they also give TOP ratings to Avira and Bitdefender which you and I have had discussions on before. Neither of these produces work for my Customers; and result in very high return with infection rates of over 60%. Yet, Norton & TrendMicro; established US AV manufactures well established with the high-end cost of $80/yr. renewal rates are also rated as TOP ratings by AV-TEST. That's very confusing to me. I've been using both of these on my personal machines as well as many Customer machines with about a 5% or less infection return rate. Both Avast and EMSIsoft (not reviewed for some reason by AV-TEST) produce infection return rates of 2% or less. How can that be???

One factor is that the quarantined viruses and "in-the-wild-viruses" tested by AV-TEST at their labs in Europe could be different than the ones we see here in the U.S. This makes no sense to me. How can a product like Kaspersky perform magnificently in the lab tests of a very highly rated independent AV testing lab, but do so poorly on Customer machines? Also, the US testing labs also seem to have a very high opinion of Kaspersky and we've seen similar high ratings in their published results the last 2 years.

From an IT perspective, it's never a good idea to run something that's not been fully tested in a production environment at 1 or more Fortune500 companies.:noway: Yes, not a single IT person or anyone on any of the 5 tech forum sites I volunteer on can name a Fortune500 company willing to pay lots of money to have Kaspersky running as their primary AV protection software?:eek:

My 2 cents.:D
Best,
<<<BBJ>>>

I use Webroot and have for a long time and we use something not available to home users at work. We used SEP before and the new system kicks the snot out of SEP and that was from our own independent testing (We have access to millions of malware samples at work). It's really hard to say one is really better than the other without your own testing.

Back