Windows 7 Upgrade from Vista fails

jimnilson

Twice on different occasions an upgrade from Vista Enterprise to Win7 Enterprise fails hours later and almost at the very last reboot screen then spends hours restoring Vista. Is there any kind of a log that would tell me more than "Cannot this version of windows"?? Does anyone know about this?
Thanks, Jim

Twice on different occasions an upgrade from Vista Enterprise to Win7 Enterprise fails hours later and almost at the very last reboot screen then spends hours restoring Vista. Is there any kind of a log that would tell me more than "Cannot this version of windows"?? Does anyone know about this?
Thanks, Jim

Is the bit (x32 or x64) version the same for your Vista and the same for your 7 upgrade ?

This hascome up before isn't Enterprise and higher version than Prpo or ulyimate?

If so,. you would be downgrding.

Anyway,.an upgrade is not the route to take. It leaves useless files on your system and can cause conflicts.

Save all you Documents, Pictures, contacts, videos, music, etc to a flash drive,

Be aware, you will need to re-insatllall your 3rd party applcations.

I agree Drew, that was a lot of information, but what is Vista Enterprise again? Is there such a thing or does the OP mean Business?

Back
Top Bottom