Windows 10 Upgrade reserved but no download?

The title says it all.. It is reserved and it won't download. It also didn't download the backround thing before today like everyone else has getting but someone told me on the forums that it was fine and that him and his friends were'nt getting it either. On my control panel it says that it is reserved and under it says Updates last installed: 6:01 (Failed)

Many are in the same situation and it is unknown at this point what will happen or why users cannot install yet. Seems like we are still waiting on something being unlocked from Microsoft. You can download the iso from here:
Windows 10

Trouble is one needs an activation key. I'll post again when I know more unless someone else does..

An iso is a file that is a copy of a disc... so that when you burn it to disc or usb, it installs corectly

You have to be patient. Microsoft may even be going through their list of who reserved first and you may have been later in the line...

I am going to "reserve" a copy at around 7 am Central time, I will let everyone know of any progress. If it isn't being seen in the Sticky. But I assume it will start to download and after that download is finished and the appointed time is achieve, you will get a notification it is ready to install.

Edit: Maybe we should be asking if folks are signed in with a Microsoft Account.....

Last edited:
The version you get is based on what system you are upgrading... if you use the tool to download it then make sure you pick a copy that your system will be allowed to use mate!
add.png

p.s I recommend the download tool as I've upgraded 6 systems today with out an issue and a lot of people are getting problems from just using the gwx auto app but its the first day and thats not a big mystory.

I just installed Via MSDN cut Microsoft upgrade right out of the picture.. Now i can relax somewhat.. :)

Back