Windows 7 Upgrading Vista to Windows7 needing CD to start

Dono

:) Hoping someone can help me as I'm running out of things to try. I upgraded from Vista 32bit to windows7 home premium 32bit.I did the compatibility test before installing and removed everything that they had recommended I do. It installed with no problems and everything ran with no problems. Then I turned my computer off, when I turned it on the next day and everyday since it says, non-system disk or disc error. Replace and click on any key. I then put the win7 disc in and it starts. I do not wish to do this every time I start up. I don't understand where to look for files in registry or somewhere in the bio (?) :confused: So if you can help me please go step by step for this fix. Hopefully I will learn something from this.
Thank you ;)

:) Hoping someone can help me as I'm running out of things to try. I upgraded from Vista 32bit to windows7 home premium 32bit.I did the compatibility test before installing and removed everything that they had recommended I do. It installed with no problems and everything ran with no problems. Then I turned my computer off, when I turned it on the next day and everyday since it says, non-system disk or disc error. Replace and click on any key. I then put the win7 disc in and it starts. I do not wish to do this every time I start up. I don't understand where to look for files in registry or somewhere in the bio (?) :confused: So if you can help me please go step by step for this fix. Hopefully I will learn something from this.
Thank you ;)
Boot with the Win7 install disk and do a repair. You may have to do this twice as it may just recognize your install on the first repair.

Upgrading is really not the proper way to install. A "clean" install is the best idea as an upgrade leaves hundreds of useless files on your system and can cause conflicts.

Do you have two hard drives or a single hard drive?

Upgrading is really not the proper way to install. A "clean" install is the best idea as an upgrade leaves hundreds of useless files on your system and can cause conflicts.

Do you have two hard drives or a single hard drive?

:redface: I have 320GB hard drive also a smaller external one.

Hit the F2 key on startup and change to the second drive down. to boot.

If this works, get into the BIOS and change that hard drive to the top position and you should get the options for both operating systems.

Back
Top Bottom