Windows 7 Urgent Help Needed!

PleaseHelpMe

I bought a new gaming rig two weeks ago, and it came in the mail today. I had to install the Winodws 7 OS, and that went rough but it was successful. I'm instaling a ZONET USB card, and this is where the problem comes in: When I restarted my desktop to finalize the installation, the icons and start menu/bar at the bottom disappeared on me. It was working fine until I restarted my computer, and they disappeared. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium on my desktop, and just installed it earlier today. It had the icons, start bar at the bottom, and everything. When I restarted the icons disappeared along with the start bar, it just shows a Windows logo background, and that's IT. When I try to press keys, it does nothing. When I press CTRL + ALT + DELETE it goes to a black screen and does nothing from there, I can't get out of the black screen once I press CTRL + ALT + DELETE. I CAN however run it in "Run Windows with Networking" mode, as well as "Safe Mode", but I want to "Run Windows Normally". PLEASE help, this is a BRAND NEW COMPUTER and I really want to use it ASAP! Any help appreciated, and please let me know if you have any idea of what to do, or if you need more information (be specific, I'm not the best with computer tersms!).

Also, I'll +forum rep you for any help, if that motivates you.

Thanks.

:(

Well this would seem the obvious first step, in safemode open device manager and if you see the ZONET USB card, right click it and choose unistall, Shut down and remove the ZONET USB card physically and reboot and see what happens.

Well this would seem the obvious first step, in safemode open device manager and if you see the ZONET USB card, right click it and choose unistall, Shut down and remove the ZONET USB card physically and reboot and see what happens.

Ok I'll try that. Where is this "device manager" located?

Right click computer and choose properties, look on the left side near the top for "Device Manager"

I just did exactly what you told me, step-by-step, and it still has the same result. It shows the Windows logo background, and nothing else comes up. When I hit CTRL + ALT + DELETE, it goes to the black screen, and if I hit ESC, it goes back to the Windows logo background. Is there anything else I can do to fix this? I'll be sure to check this topic later tonight or tomorrow morning to see if any replies will fix my problem.

Thank you for the help thus far! :eek:

Sorry, that didn't help. Not sure what all your options may be, but you could try starting with your Windows 7 DVD and attempt to use the repair option that it gives you, on the second or maybe third screen, during this process a window will pop up and ask if you want to use a restore point, you could try that or by pass that by choosing cancel on the pop up, and see if the repair can find any damaged startup files, or system specific files, just wait till it completes and see if it boots go here for a step by step explanation Repair Startup in Windows 7 from the Windows DVD . If not you can do what in XP we used to call an inplace upgrade/repair. You can go here for some step by step information on that Repair Install - Windows 7 Forums I would highly recommend that before you perform any of these you should use safemode and backup any and all critical data to an external device.

Sorry, that didn't help. Not sure what all your options may be, but you could try starting with your Windows 7 DVD and attempt to use the repair option that it gives you, on the second or maybe third screen, during this process a window will pop up and ask if you want to use a restore point, you could try that or by pass that by choosing cancel on the pop up, and see if the repair can find any damaged startup files, or system specific files, just wait till it completes and see if it boots go here for a step by step explanation Repair Startup in Windows 7 from the Windows DVD . If not you can do what in XP we used to call an inplace upgrade/repair. You can go here for some step by step information on that Repair Install - Windows 7 Forums I would highly recommend that before you perform any of these you should use safemode and backup any and all critical data to an external device.

I'll go ahead and try those then... this is a brand new computer with no files on it, so no need to backup "critical files" as there is none. I'll let you know how this goes in a few minutes by editing this post.

Ok that didn't work, still the same result...

If that's the case, then why don't you just do another clean format and install?

Yes, I'll do that tomorrow morning and let you know how that goes. It's getting late and I'm done fooling around with it until the morning. Thanks for all of your attempts at solving my problem. If anyone else has an idea, and is reading this, PLEASE post and try to help me! Thanks.

Last edited:
Ok I got Windows 7 to work TEMPORARILY. It was working fine, but after about 5 minutes my cursor disappeared, and I had to navigate to the Start Menu and push Shutdown with my keyboard keys alone. When I started my computer back up, the screen says "Starting Windows" and then it fades out and the screen just stays blank... Can someone PLEASE help me with some suggestions? I've tried everything Trouble posted and it still doesn't work, and I really want to play on my new gaming rig that I just got yesterday!

Can you explain what you did when you said "OK I got Windows 7 to work TEMPORARILY" did you do a format and clean install, like you said you were going to try this morning? What type of mouse are you using? When you loose your cursor can you still do other things with the keyboard other than shut down, using the windows logo key + arrow keys + enter key to launch say ie8 or word pad? In other words is you computer still stable, just without the mouse cursor? If your still stuck with a blank screen, does safe mode still work? If so, you may be able to use this to disable startup items and extraneous services see this article Perform a clean startup to determine whether background programs are interfering with your game or program keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom