Windows 7 Urgent!!! Windows 7 Fails to start! eRecovery fails!

imjustannieboo

Okay I've had my Acer Aspire 5517 for 3 years and it just now failed me. Yesterday I was on YouTube listening to music from there and I left it up for about 15 minutes and when I came back it had stopped responding( the browser) and it had restarted itself. Then as it started to restart it had said " Windows 7 FAILED to start. This may be caused by a corrupted hardware or software....blah blah blah..." :( I tried various methods of what's been posted and the only one that I'm thinking will work is uninstalling and reinstalling Windows 7. So I pushed Alt+F10 at the booting process, everything got loading until the box for Acer eRecovery comes up. It says Please wait a moment... and I had let it process over night and went to school the next day and it STILL says the same thing!!! My laptop did NOT come with a CD so I can't do any methods with a CD. I don't know what to do!!! Please helpppp!!

Yes you can do something with a disk. You could download the official Win 7 iso including SP1, burn it to disk (Click the file and select Burn Image to DVD), then use this DVD to install from. You might not need a complete reinstall. Perhaps a Repair Install will work. Do a Google Search for Win 7 Repair Install and check out some of the articles.

Are you sure this is a software problem. Since the Recovery Partition does not seem to work either, I would try to blow out the cooling fins, perhaps open the Ram door and reseat the Ram chips, clean the PC as best you can, then try to reboot. If it still will not boot, try thr Repair Install, If still a no go, try the DVD you burned. Your original key may work, if not a call to MS to explain the problem will get you a new key from them. MS is very responsive in these type of senarios.

What Ted has said is fine. To add a bit... Laptops (usually) don't come w/ OS Disc. Recovery discs have to be burnt as part of initial set-up before the machine starts being used. Repair often isn't good enough. Another approach to re-installing (as Ted discussed) is borrow a Win7 disc & again use your Key or phone in, if necessary.

If the internal Recovery won't work it's more likely software... probably broken/corrupted by malware.

GL & keep us updated.

Regards,
Drew

Okay so I tried to download it to a CD(the software) but I have no luck it's too big for a CD-RW so I tried DVD-R but I cant get this computer's DVD drive to work :/ (It's a Windows XP Dimension 2400)

Hi

Yes Windows uses a DVD now.

It's possible that the drive in the XP computer isn't a DVD writer.
They had CD W RW DVD R for a long time before drives that would write DVD came along.

If you can find another computer to use try that.

Mike

Hi

Yes Windows uses a DVD now.

It's possible that the drive in the XP computer isn't a DVD writer.
They had CD W RW DVD R for a long time before drives that would write DVD came along.

If you can find another computer to use try that.

This may be of some help, I'm not sure...

Turn computer on.
When the Acer splash is on screen hold " Alt " and keep pressing " F10 ".

You will need a password if you have used erecovery before you would have been asked to create one.

If you have never used erecovery before the default is "000000" ( six zeros ).

Then just select factory from from top of list.

IF recovery fails to work first time then you will need to enable D2D
(Hard disc to Hard disc).

Press F2 at start up and select "Main" enable
D2D and exit saving changes , then repeat recovery steps again.

Mike

Back