Windows 7 USB & Sound Issue

VsUK

First problem is not always apparent as it randomly happens whenever it decides to happen & its always my mouse. When I turn my system on from cold boot, my mouse isn't working & from the looks of it because its a wired mouse no power. Only fix is to unplug & connect it back in again for it to come on. Any idea's why?

lastly & this has been going on ever since I purchased the motherboard. When I put system to sleep or turn off, my sound hiss's static until it actually shuts off completely. it lasts for a few seconds when shutting down & for around 15 seconds when going to sleep. It's not my sound system as I've tried 3 types. I've tried installing different driver versions for my audio & still happens.

Thanks

When I turn my system on from cold boot, my mouse isn't working & from the looks of it because its a wired mouse no power. Only fix is to unplug & connect it back in again for it to come on. Any idea's why?

Check your mobo manual for USB ports power status. Also check in the device manger for said device, right click it and choose properties, then open the power management tab and check the settings in there.

When I put system to sleep or turn off, my sound hiss's static until it actually shuts off completely. it lasts for a few seconds when shutting down & for around 15 seconds when going to sleep. It's not my sound system as I've tried 3 types. I've tried installing different driver versions for my audio & still happens.

When the system is in sleep mode, the speakers are still actively receiving power (still on) and that noise you hear is a residual by-product of the system in sleep mode. The only way to avoid this it to physically turn off the speakers if they are external speakers. Not sure how it would work with internal speakers, if on a monitor. My external speakers ( Logitech Z313 ) do this all the time....all I have to do is turn off the power button on the speakers and noise is gone or resume system from sleep.

I will check the USB in the morning but I think you miss understood the sound issue. When I shut down my system or put it to sleep, my sound give's out a loud hiss. Shutting down this only happens for about 2 seconds then it stops & all is quiet. When putting it to sleep this happens for around 5-10 seconds & then it stops & all is quiet. It only happens when I restart/shutdown or putting my system to sleep & it happens mid way in the process. Its annoying & I don't know why!

Back
Top Bottom