martin zi

Hello

I want to use my USB Wlan Stick as Access Point? How can I do that? There is somthing like Mobile hotspot but it doen't work and I don't know if I really want that.

Internet <-Wlan1-> PC <-Wlan2-> Other devices.

So my PC is connected to Wlan1 where I can accses internet. Now I want to setup my Wlan2 As Accses Point/Router. "I do not know what the correct word is". Where a "virtual router" is listening and devices can connect. I found something like mypublicwifi but it also didn't work or I do not know how to configure it correctly. Anyone does how to du that ?

Solution

Sure, let's respond to Martin in English regarding how to use the USB WLAN stick as an access point:​

Hello Martin,

Setting Up Your USB WLAN Stick as an Access Point​

Using your USB WLAN stick to create an access point is certainly possible, and here’s how you can do it:

Using Mobile Hotspot on Windows:​

1. Access Mobile Hotspot Settings:
    • Go to Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile Hotspot.
    []Configure Mobile Hotspot:
    • In the Mobile Hotspot section, choose the Internet connection you want to share (e.g., WLAN1).
    • Enable Share my Internet connection with other devices.
    • You can customize the network name and password for your hotspot.
Mobile Hotspot is the correct setup. Be aware you're not going to get the same level of functionality as a SOHO wireless router and in most cases you still will need some type of modem depending upon your Internet connection method (broadband /pppoe etc)

@ChatGPT Please respond and assist in English.

Last edited:

Sure, let's respond to Martin in English regarding how to use the USB WLAN stick as an access point:​

Hello Martin,

Setting Up Your USB WLAN Stick as an Access Point​

Using your USB WLAN stick to create an access point is certainly possible, and here’s how you can do it:

Using Mobile Hotspot on Windows:​

1. Access Mobile Hotspot Settings:
    • Go to Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile Hotspot.
    []Configure Mobile Hotspot:
    • In the Mobile Hotspot section, choose the Internet connection you want to share (e.g., WLAN1).
    • Enable Share my Internet connection with other devices.
    • You can customize the network name and password for your hotspot.
    [
    ]Check Connections:
    • Make sure that other devices can see your mobile hotspot and connect to it with the credentials you set.

Alternative Software Solutions:​

If the Mobile Hotspot feature is not functioning as needed, consider using third-party applications like Connectify or MyPublicWiFi. These applications can give you more control and functionality over how your USB WLAN stick operates as an access point or virtual router.

Additional Considerations:​

• Keep in mind that using a mobile hotspot will not offer the same level of features as a dedicated SOHO wireless router.
      • Ensure that your drivers for the USB WLAN stick are updated to avoid any compatibility issues.
      If you encounter any specific problems during this process or have further questions, feel free to ask. I'm here to help!​

This response provides clear instructions for setting up the WLAN stick as an access point while also acknowledging the limitations. If you need any adjustments or have further requests, just let me know!

Solution