Windows Vista very unique vista error ive never seen and cannot resolve myself

Danny1189

The glitch has to do with my mouse pointer and doesnt happen on my [COLOR=#000080 ! important][COLOR=#000080 ! important]desktop[/color][/color] only on the web. My partial workaround is to set the [COLOR=#000080 ! important][COLOR=#000080 ! important]vista[/color][/color] aero beam icon to the beam_r icon, this helps but doesnt fix everything.

testshot.jpg

this is where it happens most on these types of pages with this various fonts and such.. whenever i pan over the left side over all the text my mouse pointer goes from normal to kinda of a garbled colorful circleish figure. It happens really quick then goes back to normal.. ie i move my pointer up and down over things and it switches back and forth from normal to garbled.. when i pan over on right white blank side all is ok. Also it happens on forums... ie if i click on a thread and attpempt to drag it(oviouslt u cant) i get the same thing. its as if the comps isnt able to make all the pointer transitions properly. sorry i horrible at articulating as english isnt my first language.

the transition looks like this for a split second then goes back to normal
specs are 8800gtx vista ultimate 64 4 gig crucial ballistix 2x 500gb
tests.jpg

Hi! Danny1189.... This is interesting, Have you tried another mouse? I thought of the mouse needing a new driver? Poor quality output-? Problem with another program or installation?

Well it could be a number of things.
I noticed you were using Firefox, does it do it in IE also? That would be the 1st thing I looked into. Second thing, is there anything you can remember changing prior to this? Video card driver, sound card, etc.?

As the guys above state... More info would be beneficial. Could you list the hardware used and driver versions if applicable.. eg If this was happening to my mouse I could try another driver or flash the firmware but not all mice let you do this... Hence the need for further information... :D

THanks for the replys guys, Im using a logitech G9 the same thing happens with the G7 and a microsoft mx2000. Ive tried using opera aswell as ie and i get the same issue. I have tried using both windows drivers and logitech drivers. I didnt notice this issue pre sp1.. but upon installing a fresh install now i do still get them.. perhaps it was an update along the way??

Windows Vista ultimate 64 bit edition
Logitech g15 no software and software tried
g9 same as above
Intel Xbx2 bios 2831 latest..tried others aswell
LAN: Intel® PRO Network Connections Driver (11147KB)
13.0 5/6/2008

Chipset: Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility for Intel® Desktop Boards (2451KB)
9.0.0.1007 4/14/2008 Download

sound: Installs the Windows* Vista integrated audio driver version 5713.1 for Intel® Desktop Boards with IDT* 9220, 9221, 9221D, 9223, 9227 or 9274D and a software application that allows you to configure your audio settings. (WHQL certified)

This driver includes the Intel® Audio Studio software.

Gpu: latest WHQL on nvidia website

I think u guys are on to something here.. Cause intel is constantly updating these drivers.. it must have been one of these along the way

have you gone to Control Panel\Personalization\Mouse pointers and checked to make sure your set like this?
Link Removed due to 404 Error

have you gone to Control PanelPersonalizationMouse pointers and checked to make sure your set like this?
Link Removed due to 404 Error

ya man, its exatactly like that. Changing the beam to beam_r provides an 80 percent fix.. not complete

its they icon righter under this + one that when changed provides a minimal fix

Sounds like a video card or video card driver problem to me. You might want to check it out.. Sorry... You haven't applied any Tweaks?

Hi Again, Check out your mouse. Truthfully though, a Microsoft update hasn't caused a mouse to give a display problem yet. I've heard of jumping around, and freezing, but no small swirl of colored dots constantly on the display. It may be some kind of interference Link Removed - Invalid URL from another program choking something off, perhaps. Actually it sounds a little like these people, most of them have XP's. Here's an interesting article: He works for Microsoft....

Hi Again, Check out your mouse. Truthfully though, a Microsoft update hasn't caused a mouse to give a display problem yet. I've heard of jumping around, and freezing, but no small swirl of colored dots constantly on the display. It may be some kind of interference Link Removed - Invalid URL from another program choking something off, perhaps. Actually it sounds a little like these people, most of them have XP's. Here's an interesting article:

Yep i have tried several mice saitek logitech and microsoft all on fresh reformats.. The linky u gave me inst working so i coudlnt check that out. But when i load xp there is no errors at all. also the glitch isnt constant its only when i mouse gernerally fast over web material such as the screen shot i posted. Desktop is error free aswell..

Have you checked to see if there's a 'user forum' for the mouse?

I had a quick check and it doesn't appear to be one. Here's the web site link though as you can send them an e-mail for support:
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/support_downloads/&cl=gb,en

ya i ringed up logitech support.. complete waste of time, they treat people like there absoulte morons.. some of the suggestions were ridiculous.. i especially laughed when they asked if my 975 chipset had usb 2.0??? :p

The more I think about this it sounds like a V/C driver to me.

Just my 2 cents

i have tried several to no avail... i even went back about a year still no dice... I do have a 1950xt laying around but taking the boat that is the 8800gtx outta my case is very difficult

Yep i have tried several mice saitek logitech and microsoft all on fresh reformats.. The linky u gave me inst working so i coudlnt check that out. But when i load xp there is no errors at all. also the glitch isnt constant its only when i mouse gernerally fast over web material such as the screen shot i posted. Desktop is error free aswell..
Hi!! I had some problems with the link but I finally got it to work. Try it now!! If I didn't get a fix from anything related to the mouse, I'd check or replace my video drivers, then if necessary, test my video card. If that's OK, I'd maybe try replacing cable- like in the article. He said it got worse after time... See my article please.. (You might get rid of a program to see what happens 03hdfatboy's suggestion)

Hi!! I had some problems with the link but I finally got it to work. Try it now!! If I didn't get a fix from anything related to the mouse, I'd check or replace my video drivers, then if necessary, test my video card. If that's OK, I'd maybe try replacing cable- like in the article. He said it got worse after time... See my article please.. (You might get rid of a program to see what happens 03hdfatboy's suggestion)

Excellent thanks\ you Celestra, Its working now and ill give it a read after work.. much thanks for your time aswell as the others who have takin the time to respond

Back