Windows 7 Video dvd not playing

Marios

When i put a video dvd on the drive, i get a message 'error' and the video dvd does not starting to play.
I have Windows 7 Ultimate Greek 64-bit. What should i do to fix it?

The solution to the problem

1. Follow the instructions to troubleshoot DVD playback in Windows Media Player for Windows XP:

Verify that a compliant decoder is installed: In Windows Media Player, on the ‘Tools’ menu, click on ‘Options’ to see if the DVD tab is available. If a compatible decoder is not properly installed, the DVD tab will not be available.
2. If you are unable to successfully play a DVD, try playing a different title to make sure that the problem is not content specific.
3. If the problems continue, test in the player that was provided by the DVD decoder (if one was included). If this combination does not work, Windows Media Player will not work either. Further troubleshooting is not warranted until the native player works properly with the decoder. Please contact the decoder provider for more information.
4. After you verify that the native player works properly with the decoder, try reinstalling the DVD decoder software as well as applying any necessary patches.
5. Attempt to play other media that relies on DirectShow, such as playing a .wmv file by using Mplayer2.exe. To start MPlayer2.exe, click Start, click Run, type mplayer2, and then click ‘OK’.
6. Try reducing video hardware acceleration in Windows Media Player:
In Windows Media Player, on the ‘Tools’ menu, click ‘Options’.
On the ‘Performance’ tab, under ‘Video Acceleration’, move the slider closer to ‘None’, and then click ‘OK’. If doing this enables you to play DVDs, it indicates that there is a problem with your display adapter or driver. It may be possible to obtain an updated driver from the display adapter manufacturer.
7. The next troubleshooting step is to reduce display settings:
Click ‘Start’, click ‘Run’, and then type ‘desk.cpl’ in the Open box. Or, right-click an empty area of the desktop, and then click ‘Properties’.
On the ‘Settings’ tab, move the screen resolution slider to ‘800 X 600’.
Select ‘16-bit’ for the ‘color quality’, and then click ‘OK’.
8. Some display drivers cannot support DVD playback at higher resolutions and color depths. If this solution works, by using an updated driver, you may be able to play the DVD at higher color depths and resolutions.

more information .. http://windows7.iyogi.com/support/windows-7-not-playing-dvd/

When i put a video dvd on the drive, i get a message 'error' and the video dvd does not starting to play.
I have Windows 7 Ultimate Greek 64-bit. What should i do to fix it?

Back
Top Bottom