Windows 7 Virtual PC running in XP mode question

bamagull

I have a question about Virtual PC running in XP mode. I have an old HP Scanjet 4300c (from Windows 98:D) that I was able to use when I had XP. When I upgraded to VISTA 32 bit in no longer worked because HP did not upgrade drivers for it. Now the questions is this. When I upgrade to Windows 7 64 bit can I download and install the Virtual PC and XP mode software an be able to use the scanner again.

My thinking is, that it should work if it worked in XP. I would just have to download the scanner patch.

I think that it should work, I'm able to use old programs that don't work in 7 when I'm in Virtual XP mode, it also downloads it's own updates, and you can install USB devices while you're in it. So, I think it should work!

I have done some more reading on the virtual pc xp mode thing. I pre-ordered windows 7 home premium and I don't think I will be able to do the virtual pc xp mode option. Just my luck.

No, only the professional and ultimate editions will have virtual PC. I pre-ordered the Professional edition like 6 months ago and got it for $99 on Newegg!!!!

Back