Windows 7 virtual windows server 2003 for windows 7 professional

Atiye

Hi everybody,
I need to install virtual windows server 2003 on my laptop, my OS is windows 7 professional 64 bit. please tell me what should i do, i can't find anything.
Thanks. :confused::confused::confused:

Atiye:
Hello and welcome to the forums. Have you considered using "Virtual Box". I believe that it will help get you where you want to be.
Keep us posted.

Hi ,
Thanks a lot for your help. Unfortunately i couldn't download Virtual Box for that link. It doesn't get me permission.:( :confused:
Anyway,at first i found this version of Virtual Box : Version 3.0.12 r54655 . After install it, when i wanted to install windows server 2003-64 bit, i face with this error:
" VT-x/AMD-v hardware acceleration has been enabled, but is not operational. Your 64-bit guest will fail to detect a 64-bit CPU and will not be able to boot. Please ensure that you have enabled VT-X/AMD-v properly in the BIOS of your host computer. "
After that i download this version: Version 4.0.0 r69151 . But again i have problem . Now the error is :

" VT-x/AMD-v hardware acceleration has been enabled, but is not operational. Your 64-bit guest will fail to detect a 64-bit CPU and will not be able to boot.
Please ensure that you have enabled VT-x/AMD-v properly in the BIOS of your host computer. "
Please tell me how can i enable VT-x/AMD-v . Or maybe problem is another thing. :confused:

Thanks a lot .

Hi everybody,
I found my mistake. My virtualization wasn't enable in BIOS. :">:-"
Thanks.

Excellent, good job. Glad to hear that you were able to resolve your issue. It always seems somehow better when a member sorts through his or her problem and resolves it on their own. So well done with the trouble shooting and thanks for posting back and updating your thread.
We hope to continue to see you around the forums.
Best Wishes
Randy

I used Virtual box on XP to test slipstreamed disks. My biggest complaint was that networking was not easy. The new VMware player now lets you create the VM where earlier versions didn't. The VMware forum also has real experts posting there regular. They ran into an unusual problem a while ago and got a software engineer on and explained the mystery.
Joe

Back