Windows 7 Viruses and other nasties.

tomn191

Hi all,

I've been on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 since January this year. Before this, I used XP (2003-2010).

My problem is that now I'm using Windows 7, I seem to be getting invaded by malware.

Since January, I've had over 10 cases of fake antivirus programs and the like (most recently something calling itself "dfrgsnapnt.exe"; and in the past programs such as AntiSpywareSoft).

I can get rid of these annoyances with no problem, however what worries me is that I NEVER had any of these back when I was running XP - making me wonder if it's something to do with my computer's configuration that is causing (or allowing) such an invasion.

Or is it simply that 7, as the new OS on the block, is being targeted more?

Additionally, does anyone know where these nasties come from? They seem to pop up completely out of the blue - even once when my computer wasn't currently connected to the 'net.

Thanks for any help :)

Use Firefox with the No-Script plugin and only allow the sites you trust to run code.

Scan your machine with Malwarebytes every few days.

Install MSE after uninstalling whichever antivirus you currently have.

What are you running for anti virus, anti spyware and firewall? Fake AV programs have been on the increase for the last year. Adobe Flash and Acrobat Readers are an open source of security problems. They are slow to patch them even after they admit they exist. Videos are a frequent opening. So are email attachments.
Joe

Back
Top Bottom