Windows 7 vista to 7 help

seph10

I have a HP laptop,running vista, with a Pentium (R) dual-core processor, memory is 3.00 GB, 32 bit, base score of 3.4, would it be worth it to install windows 7 , then upgrade to windows 10 on this computer, windows adviser says it will work, or do you think the processor will be to slow,,I don't play games on this computer, mostly e-mail, face book and shopping, some sites I visit says my browser is out of date,, thanks

would it be worth it to install windows 7 , then upgrade to windows 10 on this computer
Personally, I'd say "go for it".
I'm pretty sure you'll find that once you manage to get to Windows 10 it'll perform better than what you are currently experiencing with Vista or likely to experience with Windows 7.
Windows 10 has far superior native memory management capability as well as being a lot less resource demanding (as is / was Windows 8.1).
Of course, before you proceed with any of that, make sure you backup any critical data on the computer and I always suggest a good, current system image, to fall back on, just in case.

I would, Windows 7 has better performance benchmarks than Vista. Windows 8 has even better, Windows 8.1 and 10 have very similar benchmarks. Plus there is the EOL of Vista which I believe is sometime in April of 2017 so that is a worthwhile reason to upgrade.

Back