Windows 7 Vista to 7.... now i cant boot!

Soulja Pixii

I installed Windows 7 and everything went perfectly but when I went to bed I woke up and the computer was off! The lights would turn on and you could hear it but nothing was on the screen. (this has happened before). Well I fixed that by taking out the battery and putting it back in. It goes to the Acer Screen then its black with the flashing underscore in the top left for a second then it restarts back to the acer screen! I've tried changing around the order of the boot and resetting the setup defaults in bios but the best I can do is boot to the Win7 disc and Ive tried all the repair options but nothing seems to work. And i need to fix this ASAP!

Thanks

Was this a 'clean' install or an upgrade?

Most all of us agree that an upgrade is not the route to take. It leaves useless files on your system and can cause conflicts.

Save all you Documents, Pictures, contacts, videos, music, etc to a flash drive,

Be aware, you will need to re-install your 3rd party applications.

There i poll going on now and "clean" install is winning by a mile.

Last edited:
It is an upgrade... and i already backed everything up but i told them (it isnt actually mine) that it would be exactly the same. (besides If i didnt back up I wouldnt be able to because I cant get to windows.

Last edited:
You would need to create another partition.

You should be able to do this through Disk Management.

You could shrink drive C:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom