Windows 7 Visualizations in Media Center

lilaundgelb

When I initially installed Media Center, the default visualizations worked. Subsequently, I installed some visualizations that all worked in WMP. But now when I try to view a visualization in WMC I just get a black screen.

I have checked that the visualizations are enabled in the WMC options and set them to automatically start.

Does anybody know what the problem might be?

Does it not work this way:

To watch visualization while playing music :

• On the start screen, scroll to Music, and then click music library.
  • Click an album, song, or playlist.
  • Click Play Song or Play Album, and then click Visualize.

To have visualization always start when music plays :

• On the start screen, scroll to Tasks, click settings, and then click Music.
  • Click Visualization Options, and then select the Always start visualizations when music plays check box.
  • Under Show song information during visualizations, select an option.
  • Click Save.

When the music plays and visualization on, you can press +/- to switch between different visualizations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WMC uses 3D full screen mode, so be sure to have video and sound drivers installed.

This is indeed what I have tried. It worked before I installed the new visualizations but now I just get a black screen when I try to start one in WMC (they work in WMP).

I have also tried deactivating all but one of the visualizations with no success.

Does it not work this way:

To watch visualization while playing music :

• On the start screen, scroll to Music, and then click music library.
  • Click an album, song, or playlist.
  • Click Play Song or Play Album, and then click Visualize.

To have visualization always start when music plays :

• On the start screen, scroll to Tasks, click settings, and then click Music.
  • Click Visualization Options, and then select the Always start visualizations when music plays check box.
  • Under Show song information during visualizations, select an option.
  • Click Save.

When the music plays and visualization on, you can press +/- to switch between different visualizations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WMC uses 3D full screen mode, so be sure to have video and sound drivers installed.

Did you exactly try pressing +/- to try to switch to another visualization ?

You do have your video and audio drivers installed, correct ?

I figured out how to solve the problem. I removed all of the visualizations from the registry using the instructions posted Link Removed - Invalid URL. While I was doing this, I noticed that there were two separate folders, one called "Visualizations" and the other called "Visualisations". After this, I reinstalled visualizations one-by-one and found that the "Psychedelia Viz Pack" was causing the symptoms described above.

Back