Windows Vista VPN disconnecting when take the RDP

Loganathan P

hi all
we have issue with vista in our office,we are using VPN connection to connect onsite, once it connect we can able to access local resource as well their resource,people will take remote desktop connection vice versa with XP.but with vista we cant able to use RDP,if we try to connect our VPN getting disconnect.when we try to connect its displaying vista screen and after giving our credential ,vpn getting disconnect.

please give any solution ,is there any problem with vista security:confused::confused:

hi all
we have issue with vista in our office,we are using VPN connection to connect onsite, once it connect we can able to access local resource as well their resource,people will take remote desktop connection vice versa with XP.but with vista we cant able to use RDP,if we try to connect our VPN getting disconnect.when we try to connect its displaying vista screen and after giving our credential ,vpn getting disconnect.

please give any solution ,is there any problem with vista security:confused::confused:

What kind of set-up do you have ? Modem, Router Do you use the 5.5 ? Old or New Server?

we have 3mbps internet link through that it will connect our onsite VPN gateway server ,once its estabilished we can able to access their resource,they can able to RDP on win xp not in vista.i dont know abt their VPN setup

Personally I'd be looking into Vista's security settings, and who has accesses to what and who can do what, permissions as well, you see Xp is different beast, than Vista, xp is from a bygone era were security an ease of accesses was connect ever thing to any thing and any one can do any thing from any were. Not vista, I had a massive battle just to get it to talk to the wifes Macbook on our lan

Last edited:
we have 3mbps internet link through that it will connect our onsite VPN gateway server ,once its estabilished we can able to access their resource,they can able to RDP on win xp not in vista.i dont know abt their VPN setup

Do you think this could have anything to do with time out values with your Vista computer ? You could try setting idle and disconnect values (after backup) in this key to large values (More than a day for example) and see if it makes a difference.-- For RDP

This is a article about how to properly set up RDP in Vista- maybe It'll help: http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-6166676.html

Last edited:
Back