W7 MCE Music Star Rating Issue

AkashaJSummer

Honorable Member
The issue I am having on both my W7 computers is if I play a new music album in MCE while a current music album is playing, the star rating of the current song gets given to the first song that plays in the new album! To stop this behaviour I have to push stop twice on the remote to stop playing the current song before playing a new one. Using the mouse, stop can only be selected once, so the issue persists. This is pretty frustrating as I’d like to be able to play a new album or song from a new album without having to push stop twice on the remote. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Last edited:

AkashaJSummer

Honorable Member
Hello all!

In Windows 7 Media Center, when a song is playing, if i go back to the music library and play a new song it is given the star rating of the previous song. I have to stop the song before choosing a new song if I don’t want this issue to occur. I have tested on two computers running W7, and both have the issue. Does anyone know how to fix this?

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.