Windows 10 Wallpaper Slide Show

I have noticed that the Wallpaper selection for 10 is really glitch. It wont let me choose what wallpapers I want to use. I mean granted I have an unusual amount of them, but I haven't had this problem before. The only thing I can come up with by looking at it is, it is loading the thumbnails one image at a time, causing the selection box to jump to the end of the list, and back to the start every image it refreshes. Is any one else having this issue?

I don't normally have it selected, but I rani it up and pointed to the folder where I archive my family photos - no problem

Hi

I have a theme that I created that has all of the interesting cars that I and my wife have owned.
Yes my wife actually had interesting cars even before we were married.

I had been using a standard theme that I downloaded for Windows 10 (Milky Way theme).

To test to see if I have the problem that your are describing I navigated to my Car Themes folder, Personalize, Desktop Background, Browse, My Themes, Car Theme, OK.

The pictures did not show up in the window.
I clicked save changes and nothing happened, my desktop stayed the same.

But when I closed all the windows and then opened the Personalize, Desktop Backgrounds window again, the car theme was listed as available and when I selected it, it opened showing my theme.

I clicked on the save changes button and my theme is now on my desktop.

Here are a couple of the 20 desktops in my theme...

AH%20Sprite_zpstrpcjjob.jpg

427%20Vette_zps5s4ljop8.jpg

So while it didn't work exactly as it did in the past is did take all of the photos in the folder and save them as a theme.

Mike

Oh. I might have the wrong message here! From the thread title, I assumed the op was talking about the screen saver slide show.

From what the op posted, I think you would need more than two pictures to recreate his problem.
I copied the folder I referred to (my family archives) to windows /web/Wallpaper. Then returned to personalise and set it up
So far, so good. I might have to wait a while to see the full album.

Hi

The theme that I made active has 20 images in the folder all of them showed up in the theme.
It now shows as a saved theme in the themes list.

Car%20Theme_zpsq1ukafat.jpg

Other than having to close and open it again the first time to get it to show, it's working normally.

Mike

It seems that you two are not having the same issue that I am. Mike, the screenshot you last posted is where I am having the issues. When I go in and try to select spacific or any for that matter, wallpapers it will start to freak out on me. The selection area will jump to the bottom and then back to the top, over and over. At one point I did notice that the selection area was updateing each picture thumbnail one at a time from an icon to a thumbnail. Could this be because I am running from a SSD? Also I noticed that in my Device Manager I do not have drivers for my coprocessor. Could this be an issue as well? (I would have included a screen shot, but the server tells me the file is too large for the server to process)

Hi

I don't really have any ideas but maybe after the next version update coming in the next couple of weeks it will get fixed.
Most of the things that I've had problems with are gradually getting fixed.

It doesn't seem likely that its caused by the type of drive you have.

I don't know why you would have this problem when others do not.

Most of the issues I had were shared by other people too.

Mike

I would have included a screen shot, but the server tells me the file is too large for the server to process

How big is your screen i.e 800X600, 4 screens at wide (1366x768)? I'm thinking your G-card may have an issue rendoring the files.
If so try making a new folder on the desktop with just 4 images and a basic 800X600 screen... if that works then push the screen size up to something you can enjoy and add the images in 1 at a time.

P.s. Love the red tracker Mike... does the wife ever let you drive it?:rolleyes:

@MikeHawthorne I was thinking that maybe the fact that it was a SSD as opposed to a HDD could the an issue. Like just for the moment it is having lag or something on SSD only systems. it could happen, not a bad thing, just have to wait for it to get fixed, after all that is why we are using it now, to find the issues. Just trying to think of everything, you know.

@ussnorway Im running a single monitor, an old Rosewill, @1280x1024. Not an amazing monitor I know, but it was one I had spare and could use, also considering that the case is a Rosewill as well, it kinda makes me feel like I have my life in order and under control. Now If only the Keyboard, mouse and speakers where as well. lOl The screen shots I'm taking and trying to post are not even full screen, just snips. I used the snip tool to make them, if that makes a difference.

I don't think the problem is with the screen size or resoltion. After reading UssNorway's post, that sounder like a possible. I am at this moment using a 5 year old 22 inch Acer. I tried it in 800 x 600 and still had no problems. How much Ram have you, I don't see it in your profile?

I asked my son, who works as a repair technician with Dell, if he had any opinion. He couldnt see any reason for a problem with an XPS, but suggested you should log in to the Geoforce site, with your model, and download and run their latest Windows 8 driver for you graphic card (Geforce 200M, he believes), but that may vary with your particular model.? Perhaps you already have done that.

I have been less than open with all the information. I completely forgot to tell you it isnt my main computer, but a spare that belongs to the boss.

@davehc At first after reading the suggestion from your son I was like, nawww couldnt be that. then I started wondering and was like it's worth a look. I went into the device manager and paint me tard, there it was, graphics adapter was running generic drivers. I figured out what accelerator I have (Gforce 6100 BTW) and downloaded drivers for Windows 8 and installed them *hangs head in shame* Now the problem has stopped. I feel so stupid right now. Also it is letting me upload graphics to the website now. So I guess this could be a lession on the importants of drivers even on test enviroments.

Attachments

• tooBig.jpg
    tooBig.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 202
Don't feel stupid. We all have these mental aberrations from time to time (At my age, more often!)

Anyway, I'll pass it on to my son, I am sure he will get some pleasure from it.

Back