Windows 7 Want to upgrade my laptop dell inspiron 1564

rizandaas

Specifications
QuantityParts #Part Description2N753F2GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM (1 x 2GB)
Does the quantity mean that it has 2 slots?

So from the above how would i know how many ram slots does my laptop have as i want to upgrade windows 32 bit to 64 bit and 4GB RAM is recommended my laptop has only 2 GB.

Another thing the person i bought it from said once a laptop is purchased u cant upgrade? is that true

I was also thinking of upgrade graphic card as current one is 512 mb and is 3 or 4 series which i have found is quite old.

Last edited:
The laptop has 2 ram card slots each of which can take a 2gb card so you can upgrade memory to 4GB. It looks like you have a single 2GB card so you would just need to buy a second but check that you don't have 2 x 1GB cards in which case you would need to replace both to go to 4GB. I'd just upgrade the op sys first and see if you need any more RAM - I think you're unlikely to need 4GB. The graphics is more of a problem. RAM, hard drives, dvd drives are easily upgradeable, most other components are not.

Thanks for your reply patcooke. One thing that was bad news for me from your reply was that u said graphic card upgrade or change is a problem well i had that in my mind as well after RAM upgrade. Any suggestions

Graphics card is amongst the components which are more difficult/near impossible to upgrade on a laptop depending on the exact make and model. I advise extreme caution - it's all too easy to go digging inside a laptop and find you can't get everything back together and working.

I guess i still have a few months of the warranty left and i will ask the guy i purchased from to help me out even though he said an upgrade of a laptop is not possible.

The warranty wouldn't entitle you to any special consideration for upgrading of course - that sort of thing would not come under warranty provisions. Also, for the reasons I have described (and which I'm sure your seller will describe as well) I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope. But I wouldn't let it worry you too much - I don't think you would have any great need for improved graphics unless you were looking to run programs with fast moving complex graphics - and then I don't think the power of your cpu would be up to it! Unless you have some seriously defined need for upgrades I think I'd leave both your RAM and graphics as they are, leave the money in the bank to go towards the day when you have enough to buy a fully higher spec machine.

Back
Top Bottom