Windows 10 Way too easy!

Turbojoe

Honorable Member
Thanks to kemical's suggestion in my last thread I used the media creation tool. Took a deep breath and clicked "upgrade now". Off it went installing Win 10. It didn't take all that long. I went off and did some other things while it was updating. I'm guessing it took well under 30 minutes to the final desktop. Never asked for a key either. When it was done I thought nothing had updated. My desktop was the same as before with the same wall paper and shortcuts. It wasn't until I went to the start button that I saw all the new goodies. Everything seems to be working just fine so far. I could do without the white background in Edge but I'm sure there is a way to change it. Not a big deal. This upgrade is easily the least painful of any I've done since the early MS-DOS days......

Joe

Hey Joe,
you can always run the Edge in 'Dark mode':
edge.jpg

Yeah, I finally found that. I also found that there is no desktop shortcut function in Edge. Looks like I'll be staying with FireFox for my browser.

Joe

Another trick, if you have Edge or any other application pinned to the taskbar, hold shift and right click the icon, select create shortcut it will ask to create it on the desktop.

No. Not trying to save the browser to the desktop. I like to save websites to the desktop. Like "shortcut" in I.E. or Deskcut in FireFox.

Joe

Back