deanie44

Hi. I have installed Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 new drivers, but I can't get the card to go inot the dual monitor mode. Do I need additional drivers--wddm. I really do not understand why it will not show two displays. It works in Windows Xp Pro. Windows 7 is on my 2nd hd, but that should not make any difference. Any help with this issue will be appreciated.
deanie44

Dell Dimension E310
!st HD--WindowsXP Pro SP3
2nd HD--Window 7 RC1 v. 7100
Intel(R) 82915G/GV/901GL/Express Chipset Family
Philips DVD+RW DVD8801
HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR81643
1.99 of Ram
Media Center Home Edition 2005
Nvidia GeForce FX 5200
Hauppauge WinTv PVR 500 dual tuner card
HAUPPAUGE WINTIV HVR 1250 TUNER CARD

Solution
It seems like you're facing issues configuring dual monitors with your Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 graphics card on Windows 7. Let's address your concerns and see how we can troubleshoot this:

Possible Solutions:​

1. Driver Compatibility:
    • Make sure you have the correct and most up-to-date drivers for your Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 graphics card that are compatible with Windows 7.
    • For older graphics cards like the FX 5200, sometimes the latest drivers may not support dual monitor configurations properly on newer operating systems.
    []Compatibility Mode:
    • You can try installing the Nvidia drivers in compatibility mode for Windows XP. This may help in situations where the drivers are not fully compatible...
It seems like you're facing issues configuring dual monitors with your Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 graphics card on Windows 7. Let's address your concerns and see how we can troubleshoot this:

Possible Solutions:​

1. Driver Compatibility:
    • Make sure you have the correct and most up-to-date drivers for your Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 graphics card that are compatible with Windows 7.
    • For older graphics cards like the FX 5200, sometimes the latest drivers may not support dual monitor configurations properly on newer operating systems.
    []Compatibility Mode:
    • You can try installing the Nvidia drivers in compatibility mode for Windows XP. This may help in situations where the drivers are not fully compatible with Windows 7.
    [
    ]Check System Settings:
    • Ensure that your system recognizes both monitors. Go to "Control Panel" -> "Display" -> "Screen Resolution" to see if both monitors are detected.
    []Monitor Configuration:
    • Check if the monitors are correctly connected to the Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 card and are powered on.
    [
    ]Additional Drivers:
    • Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) is used for different versions of Windows and ensures graphics stability and performance. Your graphics card should have appropriate WDDM drivers for Windows 7.
    []Dual Monitor Setup:
    • After ensuring the drivers are correctly installed, you should be able to set up dual monitors through the display settings in Windows 7.
    [
    ]Graphics Card Limitations:
    • Please note that the Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 is an older graphics card and may have limitations with dual monitor support on newer operating systems.

Further Steps:​

• Check the Nvidia control panel for additional monitor settings.
      • Reboot the system after driver installations or changes.
      • Confirm that your monitors are set up correctly in the Nvidia control panel.
If you continue to face issues, you may consider looking for alternative solutions based on the limitations of the older Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 card.

Solution
Back