Web Cam Drivers

Sonny

Excellent Member
I have found all the drivers I need for my HP Pavilion dv6500 Laptop except for my web cam. I have looked at the support/drivers page and cannot find it.

Has anyone got an idea where I can download the web cam and drivers for it?

bassfisher6522

Essential Member
Hey Sonny, you got a link to the support page of your laptop? With HP laptops, there are 10's to 100's of models of a particular make. With out the exact model, finding drivers for a particular model is damn near next to impossible on HP's website.

Last edited:

Sonny

Excellent Member
Hi bassfisher, I do have a link and went there and couldn't find it. It is a HP- Pavilion dv6500 Entertainment PC. Windows Vista OS.

bassfisher6522

Essential Member
HP- Pavilion dv6500 Entertainment PC
That's just the generic make...there should be some letters/numbers after it.....(dv6500t, dv6500cto...it makes a difference). Can you post the link to the make/model your were looking at?

bassfisher6522

Essential Member

Sonny

Excellent Member
Thanks bassfisher, I will keep trying the links and hopefully will find one that works. Tried the first link but the file did not work for my computer.

Sonny

Excellent Member
Just did some trouble shooting and it does not show up in device manager or anywhere else. It is no big deal. I will keep trying and see if I can figure it out. Thank you for the links.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.