Windows 10 Welcome to the Windows 10 Technical Preview Discussion

I can see difficulties, now, and possibly worst, in posts on forums, with Windows 10. Clarification:

!. There appears to be little purpose in asking for help, or posting problems, with a build which has already been superseded by a later, and, hopefully, improved build.
2. There are obviously, marked different experiences between the enterprise and the pro releases.
3. Again, there are very different experiences between updates and fresh installs from an ISO.

Even if I only wish to join in a discuss of problems in a post, I find it is necessary, for starters, to find out exactly which of the installations mentioned, is, in fact in use.

I cannot see a way the Admin could differentiate , except by a sticky, but the problem there is that many users do not even read stickies, before posting.

What do you guys think? (Or maybe too insignificant to bother with !!)

Ref above. There has also been another source of , should we say, "choice of terms"
Microsoft have now finalised, and clarified, what the Apps/Metro/Modern "thing" will be called.

Apps.PNG

Even if I only wish to join in a discuss of problems in a post, I find it is necessary, for starters, to find out exactly which of the installations mentioned, is, in fact in use.
it does get old
I cannot see a way the Admin could differentiate , except by a sticky, but the problem there is that many users do not even read stickies, before posting.
I can see why some of my mates in help-desk have pre-made statments ready to cut/ paste into their text box... I'm not at that point yet but there have been days.

Looking like quite a change of plan.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/microsofts-redstone-an-update-to-windows-10-due-in-2016/

As I see it (?), maybe Cortana and Spartan will be withheld until a little more sophistication is added. MS are obviously now committed to get Windows 10 out on to the market, so are curtailing new developments.
Interesting though, that the insider will continue. Not a bad idea, when you consider the rather random system of giving feedback and suggestions on previous OSs. I am guessing than when it reaches a later stage, The insider will move on to Windows 11, or whatever.
From the comment, it looks like we will see a "Service Pack" 1 next year.

To be blunt;

Without Cortana and Spartan, what’s the point!

Windows 8 is very stable and if you want hyper-v then 8.1.1 is stable as long as you have that extra patch… why would anyone invest time/ effort into beta testing 10 for Microsoft if their business needs are already well catered for until 2020 by just doing nothing?

p.s. Cortana works fine on windows 8.1.1… the software needs fine tuning to ‘be all it can be’ but that isn’t affected by which platform it’s running on.

Most business did not go with Windows 8. Many are still using XP and others went with Windows 7 even after Windows 8 became available. One local hospital is a mix of XP and Windows 7 & the new one that opened last spring is all windows 7.
Joe

"Without Cortana and Spartan, what’s the point!"
LOL. Welcome to Windows 8.2, as I have called it from the beginning!

Check the insider hub:

"For those of you on older desktop builds (9841, 9860 and 9879), you should have already received Windows notifications that these builds expire tomorrow (April 15th) and that the build will not boot after April 29th. If you haven’t already, download the latest ISO File from the Insider download site and install the upgrade. If you PC will not boot, then you will need to create bootable media and do a clean install of the latest build"

As all Windows 7 and 8 users have received the free option to upgrade to Windows 10, I have accepted the offer. I have 7 with extended support until 2020, and 10 is promised support 'til 2023. I won't use my privilege to upgrade before the turn of the year, I want to see user comments.

Quite content with 7. It does what I need, 10 only seems to offer me DirectX 12 which might be nice in space games I love.

Otherwise, I have this great place to fish bream. Almost as big as you can buy in the market, and my fellows love me as I don't ask a price. We simply share it.

Godspeed

Quite content with 7. It does what I need, 10 only seems to offer me DirectX 12 which might be nice in space games I love.
I assume you will need a new G-card before you can get DirX12 working but its nice to see you enjoying your fish and chips mate... stay content.

Back
Top Bottom