We're losing Secunia Personal Software Inspector next month

brkkab

Excellent Member
Apparently we're losing Secunia Personal Software Inspector next month. It apparently stops working on April 20, 2018.
See the screenshot I just made of it below.
SecPSI.PNG

Axel PC: Yes, it's freeware.
That Heimdal Free I just tried.
I've got 7-Zip 18.01 and it's trying to give me 7-Zip 13.03.
No thank you I'll go without and search for all updates on my own.

It also snuck Avast on my pc and I got rid off it, as I use Bitdefender Total Security 2018 and don't need Avast.
No today's Cumulative Update repeatedly fails to install.
I've tried over 10 times now.
MS said it has a known issue that Windows Update say's it failed to install and actually did to check the Settinga > About and my pc in fact truly doesn't have it installed.
Ran the Windows Update Troubleshooter, all other MS suggestions and numerous malware scans (all clean), cleaned ssd's and h.d.d. 6+ times with restarts after each one.
Then the last route I tried was Bitdefender Total Security 2018's Vulnerability as it scans for Windows updates, browser updates and weak passwords.
On rare occasions in the past that I've used it, it's found definition updates for Windows Defender (setup as backup non-active in 10) and it's gotten them.
Bitdefender stated the download failed, whereas Windows Update shows installing 25% and drops to 10% and spits out error code:0x8e5e0147.
Windows Update Log attached below.

Attachments

• WindowsUpdate.zip
    59.7 KB · Views: 173
Oh, I forgot it's KB4088776.
Tried the Microsoft Update Catalog and downloaded the Cumulative Update for W10 1709, not the Delta one and it didn't work all 3 times I tried it.
That's why I resorted to the Bitdefender route as a last resort after lastly running ADM. C.P. chkdsk c: /f /r
Issue persists still.

Yeah I've always preferred to just update my software myself versus installing another app that has it's fingers through out my computer. The less the better I think.

Back
Top Bottom