Windows 7 What DC to AC Inverter Should I Buy?

Heaven or Hell

I'm interested in getting this new Dell Vostro for college reasons, and am finding myself in a situation where I may have to be using it in the car sometimes...

Laptop batteries typically dont last as long as it takes for me to study...so that's when I found out there are DC to AC inverters.

At first I was like there's my solution, but a little searching online told me I have to "beware" of what I buy when it comes to this. This is not like a conversion from 3.5mm to RCA, USB A to USB mini b, where all those types of converters are the same. Each DC to AC inverter seems to have its own specs.

So what should I be looking for? I've read laptops are pretty delicate and require a certain level of quality when it comes to inverters. I don't want my 400 dollar laptop to screw up. :(

Thanks for the help.

I'm interested in getting this new Dell Vostro for college reasons, and am finding myself in a situation where I may have to be using it in the car sometimes...

Laptop batteries typically dont last as long as it takes for me to study...so that's when I found out there are DC to AC inverters.

At first I was like there's my solution, but a little searching online told me I have to "beware" of what I buy when it comes to this. This is not like a conversion from 3.5mm to RCA, USB A to USB mini b, where all those types of converters are the same. Each DC to AC inverter seems to have its own specs.

So what should I be looking for? I've read laptops are pretty delicate and require a certain level of quality when it comes to inverters. I don't want my 400 dollar laptop to screw up. :(

Thanks for the help.

The most important thing is to match the power output of the inverter to the Lap Top's power requirment. EX: 65 watt power required for the lap top the inverter must supply that output or more. When I bought mine I purchased one that would output more then what was required by the lap top just to be safe.

You may want to take a look here Link Removed - Invalid URL especially the post by IchtheosaurusRex wherein he explains some issues with cheaper inverters regarding their square wave signals, as opposed to typical AC 60hz syne-wave and how some of the better inverters provide a modified square wave providing a stepped transition above and below the AC zero line. He even provides a few links to some of the better inverters which you may find helpful.

Back
Top Bottom