Windows 7 What Spyware Software Do You use?

Just a non-scientific poll on what people are using . Any specific reasons (like when Webroot delisted 180solutions) would be helpful. This does not include HJT, Autoruns, or CWShredder since they should be used by all anyway

I use Super Antispyware & Malwarebytes Anti-Malware after getting a virus which would not allow me to install any spyware checker. Once my system was cleaned my research showed that these are 2 of the best.

I use Super Antispyware & Malwarebytes Anti-Malware after getting a virus which would not allow me to install any spyware checker. Once my system was cleaned my research showed that these are 2 of the best.

Does Super Antispyware work alright with Windows 7 RC? I used it in XP but haven't had a chance to install it in 7 yet.. I'm just curious if it's working or not?.. ;)

Does Super Antispyware work alright with Windows 7 RC? I used it in XP but haven't had a chance to install it in 7 yet.. I'm just curious if it's working or not?.. ;)

Dont know if things have changed Radenight but Super Antispyware was not working with win7 b4. Not sure if since the RC it now works to scared to chance it as it gave me BSOD b4 !

It is though to my mind the best Anti spyware about :) Need a version that works with 7 for sure .

Dont know if things have changed Radenight but Super Antispyware was not working with win7 b4. Not sure if since the RC it now works to scared to chance it as it gave me BSOD b4 !

It is though to my mind the best Anti spyware about :) Need a version that works with 7 for sure .

Thanks Whoosh! :) That's exactly what I needed to know.. ;)

Firefox with NoScript

I have a suggestion for something that works well to keep spyware out of my system. I use the Firefox browser with the NoScript extension. NoScript blocks all Javascripts unless you tell it to allow them. Javascript is one of the most commonly used means for malware installation. With NoScript any script that tries to install malware is blocked. The drawback is that all the eye candy that websites show you is blocked too. If you are really into all the cute video elements of websites then it's not for you. However you can tell it to allow anything that you want to see.

I personally prefer to keep my system safe than to watch all the video elements. I sometimes want to watch YouTube so I allow that. There are other things that I allow. But my system is never subject to driveby malware installation and such.

I haven't had any malware in my system for close to 4 years now. I always use Eset products too. The combination has been foolproof for me.

I do not have any installed nor a antivirus, been good without it for years and am not to worried bout it, anything of real value is backed up.

But i have used spybot in the past along with malwarebytes

your on borrowed time mkilla!

I can't believe MS Defender is winning....maybe they've got better

Hey so are general Motors :D

Yes cannot beat good security cos one day it will be needed as kevin said :)

Could find your puter being used for spam or worse:rolleyes:

Its all good, i know what to stay away from and not to click on. And like i said anything of real value is backed up, no biggie if anything happens i just format.

I was using Spybot S&D in Vista, but when it starts during startup, vista becomes very slow. so now, d/l malwarebytes, lets c hw it works. Also voted for it. :)

With a spyware program are these programs even worth the cost or download? If you have a firewall suite such as trend avg ect. and use microsoft delete history cookies ect. I was never able to find spyware on my system except for important files that I needed? Just my opinion.

Back