What Virus Protection Do You Use?

alfred01

Fantastic Member
Hello. I'm wondering what you think is the best anti-virus software. Right now I am using one of the more popular brands but am not very happy with it. I have found twice now that this software package not only didn't stop a virus but didn't even detect it when I did a full system scan. Could you please tell me what you think is the best and what you use and if your happy with it? I've noticed that a lot of people use Avast and that their anti-virus is free. Free would be good because I'm on a very tight budget. Much appreciated and Thanks.

David :teeth:

Hey David;
This topic has been hashed and re-hashed on this forum and the answer is always the same.....there is no answer, because the topic is too subjective. Everyone has there favorites and even reviews by the so called unbiased media still leaves a great deal of wiggle room when it comes to who or what is #1, especially when you're talking free options.
I use Link Removed due to 404 Error on Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit) and so far have been quite happy but as most people will tell you if they are being honest, you are the best antivirus that you could possibly own. A good, skilled and cautious user is always the front line of defense when it comes to malware and anti-virus protection.
As for the paid for commercial versions
#1 Eset Nod32
#2 Kaspersky
Just my opinion and there are sure to be others.

Hey David;
This topic has been hashed and re-hashed on this forum and the answer is always the same.....there is no answer, because the topic is too subjective. Everyone has there favorites and even reviews by the so called unbiased media still leaves a great deal of wiggle room when it comes to who or what is #1, especially when you're talking free options.
I use Link Removed due to 404 Error on Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit) and so far have been quite happy but as most people will tell you if they are being honest, you are the best antivirus that you could possibly own. A good, skilled and cautious user is always the front line of defense when it comes to malware and anti-virus protection.
As for the paid for commercial versions
#1 Eset Nod32
#2 Kaspersky
Just my opinion and there are sure to be others.

Thank You Trouble. You are, of course, correct and I should have known the answer before I started this thread. I had never heard it put the way you put it though, that I am my best anti-virus. That goes right to the heart of the question. Valued opinion. :tribal:

CCLeaner has a reg clean function but its a separate part of the application ... and I don't use that part :)

I have never had a problem with the CC Cleaner registry option it prompts you to save a back up the items it is cleaning so you can always re-install what it cleaned if it causes a problem. Many users I know use CC Cleaner for cleaning their registry's and never have had a problem. CC Cleaner is a very safe registry cleaner.

I use Avast ATM I installed it when Vipre ran out, Full Scan does slow the system a little but no more then other AVs, updates are at least one in 24 hours and application update is near automated with no problems. Web downloading scan (automatic) is very sharp and will detect a problem instantly, email scan is top notch and overall system protection is better then many retail AVs.

I use Micro4oft Security Essentials on my W7 machine. I have Kaspersky on my Laptop subscription runs out in August after 3 years, I will then install MSE I have a free version of Avast I use on my Backup machine which is fired up once a week

Back
Top Bottom