Windows 10 What Was Microsoft Thinking?

This is my opinion and may have some merit. The two desktop PC's I have and the wife with her Dell laptop have been upgraded to Windows 10... One of mine is with WIN 10 Pro. There's not a day go by that we have some type of issues with the new upgrade. If it's not security issues, software issues, or just plain old problems that we didn't have with Windows 7.

It would have been best for Microsoft to have waited and just sent each PC owner a new Windows 10 disc and did a clean install. I'm seriously considering ordering three Windows 10 disc from someone and do this to our computers to see if that cures the ills on these WIN 10 upgrades.

I just went straight to a clean install. You can now do clean installs and use the Windows 7 key to activate them now.

What's up Been There!

Here's a great step by step of how to do a clean install of Windows 10. I just went through this process. And it was a pain due to operator error haha!

How to do a Clean Install of Windows 10, the Easy Way

Just some tips from my personal experience. 1. Make sure to pay attention to what version of Windows 10 you FIRST upgraded to. I originally did it 10 Home and had to talk to a Microsoft rep to get 10 Pro on my machine. 2. Download all the updated Win 10 drivers to a thumb drive BEFORE you do the clean install. I was having issues with my Bluetooth and mobo because after the clean install, Windows 10 of course comes as it is (not it's fault) so it doesn't have all the fixes and driver updates till it runs Windows Updates.

The thread talking about my experience. BitLocker Discussion

Hope this helps friend!

Sent from my Note 4 using Windows Forum mobile app

Last edited:
Oh yeah and since you do a clean install it won't include the easy roll back to your previous Windows feature. Just something to consider if you're still on the fence with sticking to Windows 10. It's a pain to do a clean install on previous versions of Windows, especially if your hardware is a lot newer than the original release of your previous Windows. So you'll have Service Packs to install, hardware probably won't work right until you install the SPs or new drivers directly, if they will work with out the SPs being installed, then deciding if your install the SPs via a burned disc or thumb drive and if you go with thimb drive will your usb ports work without the SPs being installed first. All the great Geek stuff of clean installs haha!

Sent from my Note 4 using Windows Forum mobile app

Thanks for the information and ideas. However, I'm buying new hard drives for my HP desktops and Windows 10 Home and Pro discs. None of this back-up crap or thumb drive dudes to insist. I'm going the old fashion way... new parts and fresh WIN 10 discs... Vey expensive, but free of headaches.

There are no benefits to using DVDs. USB is a lot faster if you have a USB 3 flash drive. I recently redid my laptop and used the MCT iso to install. It appears it always installs as Windows 10 home first. Once you enter your pro key it will add the pro features.

@Been There I feel ya man. Sometimes going old school like that makes you feel better about doing a clean install. Plus you get new HDs and have that actual printed digital DVD from Microsoft. Hope it works out for you, let us know!

new parts and fresh WIN 10 discs
Bang for your buck;

if your systems are w7 then they are prob to old to get much use from upgrading to wx and putting a new hdd in an old box will not fix that.

Microsoft knows wx is not ready and people use old systems that cann't handle it... thats why the FREE bs is being pushed so aggressively... if you want to upgrade to wx for computers then I'd look at getting laptop | desktop kits that come with wx instead of spending cash on new parts for the old ones.

Last edited:
Back