Windows Vista What's the correct Printer

Celestra

Former Moderator
Hi!!! Does anybody know the best printer to use for a laptop ? I've seen them all. Right now I have my eye on a Kodak 5300. It is not expensive, it is easy to use, the ink is cheap, and it is wireless, people say the pictures are beautiful. But I still can't figure it out, does it go with a laptop ? I need this to be as painless as possible- this time around. I don't want to fix anything....It's got to do everything, it does not have to be portable. Hey America, What do you use with your laptop, notebook whatever ? :confused:

Hi Celestra

If you asked 10 different forum users what in their opinion was the correct or best printer for use with a laptop, you would probably get 10 different answers.
Among the multifunction printers Epsom & HP appear to be heading most review charts. It really depends on what you need your printer for and how much you are willing to pay. If you are on a low budget the Epsom Stylus DX4400 is a great bargain while at the higher end of costs the Lexmark X4850(with wireless facilities) is among the best. Its all down to looking around review & forum sites and deciding what is best. The Kodak 5300 is a good printer and I have posted a short review below.

Kodak - 5300 features - Verdict

Considering the price of the Kodak and the impressive performance on offer we still liked the 5300, despite the odd error or two. There's enough going for it to make this forgivable on an occasional basis, it's particularly impressive in its photo capabilities and it performs solidly in most other areas.

Anyone else have any thoughts???????????????

:) Hi!!!! Somebody recommended the HP Office-jet 6310 All-in-One Printer...... It sounds great, does everything, costs about as much as that Kodak 5300. How does it perform ???? Does anybody have one ? Is it hard to maintain ? Is the ink expensive ? Sincerely, Celestra

Hi!!! This helped me out a lot. I found the Kodak 5300 being sold refurbished at a reduced cost, special purchase. I guess people brought it back over that little mistake it makes, as you say, once in a while. Kodak made nice pictures, they made a lousy camera back in the late...... to early 80's. Polaroid took them down, now that famous camera is going to be discontinued.

I use an HP Photosmart Model D5345 which I purchased at a Wal-Mart about six months ago for approximately $90 dollars. Great printing speed (I mostly use the "Fast Draft" setting)and reliable. I mostly avoid "all-in-one" machines since when one function fails, you are without both scanning and printing functions when you place the machine into a shop for repair.

Hi!!!Everybody......I settled on something, after going over a lot of files and doing extensive research. Was all most sold on the HP 6310, then I got a load of what this baby can do. It's a HP Photosmart C6280. It'll do everything the 6310 does, copy's on both sides, with enough left over to make super high quality photographs,and is wireless etc. The worst thing people said about it, is that it makes noise and shakes the table more than they would like. And they don't feel the pictures are going to generational (As HP Says). But they are very happy with it and have no other comments. The best part is HP sold it to me for the price of a 6310. They have a special class if I wish to attend, the representative said there's not a lot of reading and it's user friendly. If it should break down I'll try the Lexmark for a few days.

I most certainly will....CNET performed some tests, it's fairly fast, which accounts for the noise a shake. I believe that many of the really bad reviews are by people unaccustomed to the HP Mindset. For some reason I found HP weird at first, and I had problem trusting their responses. Perhaps they can't get a job with the HP way. Because the people who have given quality reviews to this machine are old timers in the business world with advanced computer experience. (Once I get this new table together, which is a problem for me.....)Observation: I think the new computers today are cheaper made, but with extras. Which reminds me of a T.V. I had a long time ago. Class B manufacturer. Had a hard time with reception, until I found out they had miss wired the antenna hook-up backwards. Once I figured that out, there was no problem. Worked great for 15 years.

Back