Windows 7 When Windows 7 Screen Saver does not work

Snowtop

There are many things on the internet in ways to correct this issue. I had this problem for awhile now. I used some common sense and thought for a bit. Then I tried a disc clean-up first and then did a Disk Defragmenter.
Now the screen saver works just fine. I also did a system restore point after the Defragment. Try this first before really getting into the computer to fix it.

Just a comment: Screen savers were created to prevent old CRT monitors to get "burnt images" if left on for a longer time. They don't do any power saving, don't make monitor go to standby, or such - of course, I don't know everything about everything...

I use the simple power saving: I turn my monitor off if I know there will be a longer pause.

Screen Savers can be fun to watch if you have one you like. Yes they are created to prevent burnt images. It would though take a while to create a burnt image. The HDTV's have a screen saver of there own if you leave the TV on for a period of time. There is another way and that is to set your power settings to have the monitor go to standby after let say 5 minutes. Now you don't have to worry about any burnt images to the monitor at all. If you are having problems with the computer I can try and help you fix it. I have learned a lot about computers all by myself. I consider myself quite good trying to figure out what is wrong. Many things can be fixed quite easily with patience and common sense. I can go on and on of all the problems I have had over the many years I have had a computer and fix everyone myself.

Well no, I don't have problems with my computer --- knock on wood.

But welcome to the Forum, many people have problems! :wave:

Back