Windows 7 Where are my help and support?

hkcici

this is what i see when i open "help and support" from the start menu, what happens?
Link Removed due to 404 Error

Hello and welcome to the windows7forums.

I have seen this before and as far as I know, the problem was never resolved.

maybe someone else will be able to help.

You are using a corrupted download for your installation. There is no solution. Whilst maybe not in your case, it occurs in the download from the Chinese sites. Elbasuer backwards = reuseable.

Here is the solution, I found after long time research.It`s caused by bluetooth software. I had the same "elbauser" corroptud help file. After you do this you`ll have windows original offline help files

1. Click on Start, type regedit.exe in the Search field, and press Enter.
  2. Provide consent to User Account Control if prompted.
  3. In the left hand navigation pane, expand each registry key until you are at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Assistance\Client\1.0\Namespaces\OEM\en-US\Topics.
  4. Delete the "BCRM_Bluetooth_Help" string value (REG_SZ).
  5. Close the Registry Editor and re-launch Windows Help and Support.

alternative

If the first option I posted earlier didn`t work and you have bluetooh in your pc then you need to up date your bluetooth software.
Most people have Broadcom as a main bluetooth software in their pc. If you do too update it to 6.2.0.9700 or above.
It`s got nothing to do with chinese/russian sites and reading a word reverse is not the help you looking for.
If your offline windows help files corrupted and you have bluetooth, the cause is bluetooth ( ye I know, strange) If you don`t have bt and still corrupted offline help files, you just use online help files .
If none of the above related to you, think of a friend who has the same os with you and go in to windows help files in directory copy them to a usb storage then replace it with your originals.

Back
Top Bottom