Windows 7 Which is worse Vista or Windows &?

HPM1984

Trick question- they are both horrible.

We are done... Microsoft needs to take its place on the dustbin of history with Rim and Palm. Really- overdone over blown Windows &- hard to work with and adapt- why these changes (all of them) were made - other than trying to imitate the Apple OS (and no I don't work for Apple!) is beyond me. Is this the best the minds of MS can do- really they are terrilble...

We are ditching our crummy dells with the worst excuse of a platform Windows 7 and moving to Macs. Sure we will pay a bit more for the macs than Dells- but this will overwhelm the cost savings found by reducing the amount of IT support needed to rescue our staff from the abortion of Windows 7.

If we had guys (which we don't as of yet) we would leap to the cloud using MACS- but perhaps this is the first step. Unfortunately we cannot get away from MS apps completely (like WORD, PPT MS OUTLOOK) but we can minimize the crap ups by using the Apple OS.

I only wish we did not have to phase the MACS in over three years...

Hi

I have an iPad, if I could get a Windows based pad with the same features I would do so.

The way that Apple pushes you into using only their stuff and then charges you for it drives me crazy.
Plus a lot of it is harder to use then in Windows which pretty much gives you the freedom to do what ever you want.

Windows 7 wouldn't work on a pad with it's native interface, so we get Windows 8, which is basically updated and refined version of Windows 7.

I'm hoping the new Microsoft Pad will be as good as they claim, if it is, (which I'm skeptical about) I'll switch, but I won't settle for something that won't do what my iPad will, I love my iPad but not the OS.

Apple gets a lot of good press that it doesn't really deserve about how reliable they are.

If you don't believe me type in a Google search "My Mac won't boot", how about 2 and half million hits.

I won't defend Dell, I have moved on from there too, they are not what the once were, but a really good PC made with first class components is as good or better then an Apple and cheaper too!

The Windows operating system has to run on every dorky computer put together by anyone who can scrounge up any old mismatched parts they can find.

Apple OS only has to run on computers that it was designed for.
That's a big advantage.

Mike

Hi

I have an iPad, if I could get a Windows based pad with the same features I would do so.

The way that Apple pushes you into using only their stuff and then charges you for it drives me crazy.
Plus a lot of it is harder to use then in Windows which pretty much gives you the freedom to do what ever you want.

Windows 7 wouldn't work on a pad with it's native interface, so we get Windows 8, which is basically updated and refined version of Windows 7.

I'm hoping the new Microsoft Pad will be as good as they claim, if it is, (which I'm skeptical about) I'll switch, but I won't settle for something that won't do what my iPad will, I love my iPad but not the OS.

Apple gets a lot of good press that it doesn't really deserve about how reliable they are.

If you don't believe me type in a Google search "My Mac won't boot", how about 2 and half million hits.

I won't defend Dell, I have moved on from there too, they are not what the once were, but a really good PC made with first class components is as good or better then an Apple and cheaper too!

The Windows operating system has to run on every dorky computer put together by anyone who can scrounge up any old mismatched parts they can find.

Apple OS only has to run on computers that it was designed for.
That's a big advantage.

Mike
hey all, both are very good OS. never had problems that couldn't be solved. sounds as though you have had a bad microsoft problem somewhere down the line. all of my desktops are scrape and i don't have any problems. dells are good also, at least mine are. IMO windows does everything as good as apple and cost less. build your own and then you should have no reason to complain. install what you need to run whatever OS and other software and the you shouldn't have any reason to complain. never bought a computer that worked always built my own and excellent results everytime. just my opinion. poorguy

hey all, i love reading these post like this because most of my computers were other peoples throw aways. robbed parts from one to put in another and so on,nothing but my time invested in them. alot of what i have according to reviews and blogs are all nothing but POS and the horror stories etc. amazingly mine all run excellent with windows vista and windows 7 no real problems or complaints. i just wonder why. old hardware still works with new OS if matched properly.windows upgrade adviser said my 12 year old dell wouldn't run w7 but it runs it very well. i just do it because i can and i enjoy it. most of mine that i fix i give to people that couldn't afford one. i believe that some of the pc problems are an operater issue. i will stick with windows cause tey work for me and their is piles of parts hardware mismatched or other wise. windows kicks ***. just my opinion. poorguy

hey all, both are very good OS. never had problems that couldn't be solved. sounds as though you have had a bad microsoft problem somewhere down the line. all of my desktops are scrape and i don't have any problems. dells are good also, at least mine are. IMO windows does everything as good as apple and cost less. build your own and then you should have no reason to complain. install what you need to run whatever OS and other software and the you shouldn't have any reason to complain. never bought a computer that worked always built my own and excellent results everytime. just my opinion. poorguy

Hi

I think you missed my point completely, as I said I don't like the Apple OS on the iPad.
I would much rather have one with Windows.

The only problem is, at this point there isn't a Windows pad that comes close to what the iPad will do.

If the Microsoft Pad is as good as an iPad I'll consider switching.

I have no problems with Windows, my computer is as solid as a rock, never have any serious issues and it will run anything.
Unlike the iPad which keeps telling my that it doesn't support the file formats that I usually use.

Every video or whatever has to be converted to a format that Apple want's me to use.

Mike

Hi

I think you missed my point completely, as I said I don't like the Apple OS on the iPad.
I would much rather have one with Windows.

The only problem is, at this point there isn't a Windows pad that comes close to what the iPad will do.

If the Microsoft Pad is as good as an iPad I'll consider switching.

I have no problems with Windows, my computer is as solid as a rock, never have any serious issues and it will run anything.
Unlike the iPad which keeps telling my that it doesn't support the file formats that I usually use.
Every video or whatever has to be converted to a format that Apple want's me to use.

Mike
hey mike your right my mistake.

Windows 7 wouldn't work on a pad with it's native interface, so we get Windows 8, which is basically updated and refined version of Windows 7.Mike

I'm more convinced that Windows 8 be a dumbed down Windows 7 rather than a refined one... at least from the interface point of view, maybe once I see under the hood of the final build running I'll be more convinced, but like so many others I'm turned off totally by metro interface... if they bring it in as optional only then I'll take the plunge, I don't want my desktop feeling or looking like some dumb handheld toy or mobile phone lol.

Hi

Well it really is optional, though I'm not sure that they intended it to be.
I don't use the Metro UI at all.

The truth is that if I had to use the Metro UI then I might chose to stay with Windows 7.

But I do see a real improvement in performance in Windows 8 and it seems very stable so far.
It's easier on resources and I haven't had problems running any of my software in it.

So I'll install it in October, and then tweak it to look like Windows XP. LOL
The whole process of setting it up to have a familiar interface can be done in 10 minutes or so.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom