Windows 7 Why you should say no to Windows 8 and stick with Windows 7.

Well I have got Windows 7 and Windows XP laptops and they are both very secure. And on my Windows XP laptops I do not have any anti virus software.

And never mind the stories you hear on the web about Windows XP not being secure. It is secure. And I have never had a computer virus on my Windows XP.

And I do not have any anti virus software on my Windows 7. And I have never had a computer virus on my Windows 7 computers either.

There are no viruses on Windows. Andrea Borman.

That you know of. There are viri on Windows all versions of windows. I shall not attack you for you misinformed views but in my opinion you are being foolish.

Oh, definitly not, just your opinion! Join the rest of us, mate.

And you thought everybody knew you don't run a computer w/out security.^o)

And, just when you thought you'd heard it all...

Another bit from the bottom of the Water Cooler bubbles to the surface, like a f@rt.
Same church, different pew; same dribble, different topic.

If, you couldn't cope w/ one thread, try another :cool::confused_smile:

:telephone: <-- Somebody call 911

Oh, definitly not, just your opinion! Join the rest of us, mate.

And you thought everybody knew you don't run a computer w/out security.^o)

And, just when you thought you'd heard it all...

Another bit from the bottom of the Water Cooler bubbles to the surface, like a f@rt.
Same church, different pew; same dribble, different topic.

If, you couldn't cope w/ one thread, try another :cool::confused_smile:

:telephone: <-- Somebody call 911

In England it's 999 although 911 works on the mobile phones but not on the landlines.Andrea Borman.

Have just read this ridiculous thread from the start and I have to admire you guys for your polite and at times pointed replies to Andrea...but really...its like telling the president of the Flat Earth Society the earth is really round, give up and send the thread onwards....pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Link Removed - Invalid URL
On every forum I have visited there is one or two persons who think differently then the rest of the crowd. And that is good. Life would be boring if we all were thinking the same way. In this case it is on a topic (Windows 8) that is indeed controversial. But I am sure, that will smoothen out over time.

Windows 8 is-THE OPERATING SYSTEM THAT NOBODY CAN USE. With it's no start menu and Metro theme. So if you try Windows 8 the only outcome will be that you won't be able to use it. Andrea Borman.

Stop spewing BS & speaking on behalf of anyone other than, your totally off-track self!!

You are wasting Forum space & people's time!!

Stop being persistent, stubborn deaf & beligerant!

Have some consideration for other people & stop making them put up w/ you, PLEASE!!

Last edited:
Stop spewing BS & speaking on behalf of anyone other than, your totally off-track self!!

You are wasting Forum space & people's time!!

Stop being persistent, stubborn deaf & beligerant!

Have some consideration for other people & stop making them put up w/ you, PLEASE!!

You should really take your own advice drew. You don't have to agree or even like Angela, but there is no need to be impolite and attack her.

I disagree with almost everything she says but you don't see me going on the attack. I've given you a warning. I could have rightly banned you for the post but decided to give you one last chance. Please stop with the attacks.

NmsUK

Fine. I apologize for going too far trying to get our point across... many feel her rant would be nice to have stop(ped)... nothing against her or the person... just a certain, repition... pretty much eveyone has got her point by now. Even I try to nicely answer or advise her on other topics. Sorry the words became harsh.

Sincerely,
Drew

Last edited:
Everybody should ignore her threads. To bad they all can't be directed to the water cooler they are about as useful as the stuff there.
Joe

You should really take your own advice drew. You don't have to agree or even like Angela, but there is no need to be impolite and attack her. I disagree with almost everything she says but you don't see me going on the attack. I've given you a warning. I could have rightly banned you for the post but decided to give you one last chance. Please stop with the attacks. NmsUK

If you are going to ban people for trying to get rid of this troll then you had better ban everyone such as me who agree with Drews sentiments but have not wasted time responding. The woman is a fool with no cogent or valid argument...just a lot of absolute arrant nonsense.

I would be the first to defend to the death the rights of anyone to put their point forward and argue to a conclusion....but this is just foolishness.

If you want to do something positive...close this ridiculous thread, as I and several others have suggested and be done.

On the other hand...my advice to all who insist on feeding her...you only have yourself to blame. It became obvious early on in the thread that logic was/is not Angela's strong suite. However, from a differing perspective, maybe she is just shaking everyone's tree to see what falls.

Last edited:
Why does everybody call her Angela - her name is Andrea. Both nice names.:teeth_smile:

Why does everybody call her Angela - her name is Andrea. Both nice names.:teeth_smile:

Yes, a lot of people off the Internet make the same mistake of calling me Angela, instead of Andrea, my real name. And a lot of people spell my surname Borman, wrong, and don't get it right, even when I tell them the correct spelling.

But these are mostly receptionists and customer service advisor's in call centres And those people are not very bright anyway. Andrea Borman.

I was trying (to); I'll do better (@ it).

1st, thank to many Members for the support, understanding & even appriciation. Much had been said by others, even before myself.

Is this not, also, personally insulting & demeaning towards others? Should the speaker, also, be banned for being judgemental & voicing the following?

But these are mostly receptionists and customer service advisor's in call centres And those people are not very bright anyway. Andrea Borman.

Last edited:
Perhaps Drew went a litle too far in his outburst - probably in total frustration!
But "Everybody should ignore her threads. To bad they all can't be directed to the water cooler they are about as useful as the stuff there.
Joe "
These are true words. Andrea rises to the bait everytime. Every member who contributes (that included me) is throwing out the glove.
I am leaving this thread and would advise everyone who has contributed to do the same. Andrea can continue to post to herself, but I have a feeling it may not last too long.
I did suggest, and others have followed, that the whole thread should be placed in the Water cooler, where it rightfully belongs. Alternatively, it could be closed as there is animosity creeping in now.
I am putting her on my ignore list, so that I am not tempted!

Last edited:

I don't want to end up stuck with Windows 8. And other people don't want to either.

The biggest problem is that it has no start menu. And the normal Windows desktop has been replaced by the Metro theme.Andrea Borman.

Last edited:
=Drew;250487]I was trying (to); I'll do better (@ it).

1st, thank to many Members for the support, understanding & even appriciation. Much had been said by others, even before myself.

Is this not, also, personally insulting & demeaning towards others? Should the speaker, also, be banned for being judgemental & voicing the following?

I was talking about the people I deal with, or should I say have to put up with, off of the Internet. NOT about anybody here on this site or on the Internet.

Note- the receptionists,shopkeepers and people I speak to in the call centres probably don't know much about computers anyway.

That is why I have been ill advised by shopkeepers, who say you cannot run any higher edition of Windows 7 than Windows 7 Starter on the 1GB netbooks that the stores are selling. When I and other Windows users know,YOU CAN run Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 professional, and Windows 7 Ultimate on a 1GB netbook.

I have upgraded most of my Windows 7 Starter netbooks to Windows 7 Home premium and Windows 7 professional. And I have had Windows 7 Ultimate in the past on one of those netbooks. So the shopkeepers do not know what they are talking about. They don't know anything about computers it seems.

The problem is that, makers HP,Dell,Acer, and others are too mean to put anything more than Windows 7 Starter on a 1GB netbook. Even though they know it can run on a netbook. That's why we have to upgrade to Home Premium and higher, ourselves.

But I am running Windows 7 Home Premuim and Professional on most of my Windows 7 netbooks without any problems.

And if they stop selling Windows 7 and we are forced to buy Windows 8. The shopkeepers are not going to care if we go home with a Windows 8 computer or laptop,we cannot figure out how to use. They just want to sell you something.

When I told a shopkeeper I would rather die than use Windows 8.He did not understand.

But I am not the only Windows user that does not want windows 8. I have never used Windows 8, but other people have. And most people have had problems with Windows 8. Andrea Borman.

Last edited:
Andrea, my apologies for calling you Angela, a simple mistake. Later today I shall be asking Admin if this thread can be closed as it's going nowhere.

On a personal note, I wouldn't close the thread as if you don't want to see it or post. It's easy enough to just not bother with the thread.

Andrea, I think the problem is, many of us have explained Windows 8 is fully useable. It has a start menu and once enabled runs and looks identical to Windows 7. You've told us you've seen youtube video's where even IT Pros can't use 8, but haven't posted proof. You've even admitted that you haven't actually tried 8 but don't like it. May I suggest you download the Developer build and try it. If you do decide to you can always PM me if you need help.

After trying it out, if you hate it fair enough, but at least then you'll have a valid reason for your hated of 8.

NmsUK

Back