Windows 8 wifi does not have a valid ip configuration..

help needed

hi guys,
I bought a Lenovo laptop 3 moths ago and it was connecting fine to my wifi network until the day before yesterday..
since then it connects to my wifi network but shows limited connectivity and invalid ip configuration..please help asap
things I tried were
-resetting the router
-changing ipv4 settings
-did a factory data reset...
the model of the laptop is g510 and it has a QUALCOMM Atheros chip
my ipconfig/all info is attached...
please help asap..it will be much apprieciated.
also I have already tried everything on this forum..

Attachments

• ip.txt
    3 KB · Views: 691
Aplogies to "help needed" - I suspect it was me who originally banned this post as spam when I saw the expression "my wifi network" and misread it as "my wifi router" which is a subject of masses of spam posts. My apologies.

The Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.245.253(Preferred) means that your device is not being assigned a valid IP address via DHCP - addresses starting with 169 are "autoconfigured" by the device when DHCP fails)

Suggest you:

1. delete the Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 4.
2. Remove IPv6 from the Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter

Restart and check the IPv4 address assigned to the device to see if it is still beginning with 169.

The Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.245.253(Preferred) means that your device is not being assigned a valid IP address via DHCP - addresses starting with 169 are "autoconfigured" by the device when DHCP fails)

Suggest you:

1. delete the Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 4.
2. Remove IPv6 from the Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter

Restart and check the IPv4 address assigned to the device to see if it is still beginning with 169.
Please help me on the subjEct on how to do that...please...please..

1. Goto control panel, view by large icons, network and sharing centre, change adapter settings, delete local area conection 4.
2. Goto control panel, view by large icons, network and sharing centre, change adapter settings, right click on wifi, select properties, clickon networking tab, scroll down to tcp/ipv6 (NOT 4). Uncheck the box at the left of it.
3. Scroll all the way back out and reboot.

If stillnot sorted attach a new copy of the ipconfig report.

1. Goto control panel, view by large icons, network and sharing centre, change adapter settings, delete local area conection 4.
2. Goto control panel, view by large icons, network and sharing centre, change adapter settings, right click on wifi, select properties, clickon networking tab, scroll down to tcp/ipv6 (NOT 4). Uncheck the box at the left of it.
3. Scroll all the way back out and reboot.

If stillnot sorted attach a new copy of the ipconfig report.
Thanks I got it but I couldn't find the land adapter anywhere

hi i am again in need of your help ...sorry for the late reply but it was fixed but it happened again..please help..
my ipconfig/all is attached.

Can we have a look at your current ipconfig please?
hi i am again in need of your help ...sorry for the late reply but it was fixed but it happened again..please help..
my ipconfig/all is attached.

Attachments

• ipconfig.txt
    4.8 KB · Views: 478
Tried that already..any other suggestions..?
That certainly isn't reflected in the text file you attached to your previous post.
IF it is disabled now then could we please see a config file that reflects that?
AND
I'm not sure what this is
Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device
But you might want to try disabling it.
If your primary concern is you wifi connection then narrowing the focus by eliminating extraneous devices like wired Ethernet might at least help to concentrate the diagnostics.

Back
Top Bottom