Windows 7 Will Programs I Installed On Different Partitions Work Even After I Reinstall Windows 7

Luke Rider

Hi,The Title Might Seem A Bit Confusing,I Dint Know How To Come Up With A Title For My Question.I Did A Search On Google,Not Able To Find The Answer To My Question.So I Post Here And Im A New User.I Like To Play Games A Lot And Pretty Much I Have A Messed Up Operating System Installation.Windows 7 Ultimate 32 BIT
So I Was Gonna Erase It And Install Windows 7 Gamers Edition[CUSTOM BUILD]64 BIT on it.
Now my Systems Hard Disk Is Partioned.I keep My Games And Files On Other Partition.
I Have Steam And 20GB Of Steam Games 27.3 GB Of Games Installed.They Are On A Seperate Partition.And They Are 32 BIT Programs.So My Questions Is,Will These Games Work After Ive Installed Windows 7 GAMERS EDITION 64BIT?
Or Will They Not?
I Really Dont Want To Install About 50GB Of Games All Over Again,Besides I Dont Even Have Those Installation Discs,I DL Them Off Torrents And My Bandwidth is only 20GB :( so its a pretty huge collection for me.
So Please Tell Me If They Will Work Or Not Before?
Thx in Advance!

Having an operating system one one partition and apps installed on another is not in itself a problem provided that the apps were installed under the operating system. But - you have apps on a different partition which were installed using another op sys. This is almost certainly not viable - when you run the install a lot of associated data and changes are made to things like runtime files, registry entries etc and these changes need to be made within the op sys which is going to be used to run the apps. By all means try it but I think you are very unlikely to find it workable.

Having an operating system one one partition and apps installed on another is not in itself a problem provided that the apps were installed under the operating system. But - you have apps on a different partition which were installed using another op sys. This is almost certainly not viable - when you run the install a lot of associated data and changes are made to things like runtime files, registry entries etc and these changes need to be made within the op sys which is going to be used to run the apps. By all means try it but I think you are very unlikely to find it workable.

thx for the reply..but,im having steam as i mentioend installed from a long time on a different partition..due to virus and other issues ive re-installed OS a lot of times..but steam always worked :)
Oh And What If I Just Install Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit again rather than the Windows 7 Gamer Edition 64bit..i dont really think it matters coz the gamers edition is just modified to work better with games and 6bit can run 32bit.
so as steam worked,is der any way the others would work too..i ask coz im desperate..coz the OS is trully bleeped UP

Back