Windows 10 Win 10 20H2 update

shadows

Extraordinary Member
Hi WindowsForum
Yet, questions to get answered since I'm a bit of a newbie to these updates and since I cannot get any answer from friends or Discord communities I'm in.

I noticed I got the Win 10 20H2 update, but haven't updated it yet.
I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to these types of updates, so I'm hoping I could get some answers in here.

If I install the update, does it make a complete clean install of Win 10 and I have to reinstall everything back?
Is it an important update or can I just wait to install it in another day?
Besides the changes it does, is it worth getting Win 10 20H2 updated?

Regards.

20H2 is a fairly minor update and will not remove any installed apps or user data. Your Windows system will simply have some features added. The 20H2 update has also previously been tested over time time by a large group of volunteer users called Windows Insiders so should be quite stable. Despite all of this, whilst it is generally good practice to keep your system up to date with all update it is also advisable to back up any important data before running the update. You may do this manually just copying selected files and folders, by using Windows backup or by using a full imaging utility such as Macrium Reflect (free!)

20H2 is a fairly minor update and will not remove any installed apps or user data. Your Windows system will simply have some features added. The 20H2 update has also previously been tested over time time by a large group of volunteer users called Windows Insiders so should be quite stable. Despite all of this, whilst it is generally good practice to keep your system up to date with all update it is also advisable to back up any important data before running the update. You may do this manually just copying selected files and folders, by using Windows backup or by using a full imaging utility such as Macrium Reflect (free!)
I lost the easy way to get into invites to a yammer conversations when sent invitations by email. Now I get redirects to O365 and cannot go further in the login because I only have a private account. Any Ideas how to get round this?

Back