Windows 7 win 7 64 probs

asrok

hi, prob 1; defrag wont work in safe mode ( my a v and defender does )

prob 2; the laptop now takes 8-15 mins to (FULL) shut down EVEN IN SAFE MODE !!!!

please help , laptop 14 months old, not heavily used. had mobo and battry already warrented 10 months in ...

:(

8o|

Hi asrok.

Please follow this link so can get some good information of How to run defrag in safe mode.

http://technetDOTmicrosoftDOTcom/en-us/magazine/ff458356.aspx (DOT is .)

For your second problem. Click on start run type mscofig and click on Services then MARK on Hide all microsoft services and hit disable all.. do the same with startups tab.. hit disable all of them and restart your computer. Check do you find any improvement.

Try Ccleaner and clean junk, temps and unwanted things this really helps when your PC slow down.

Keep your computer upto date with microsoft updates.

Please update here your response.

no dident work dos comand worked and defrag key was up but typed in and never workd . @#$%^pos

like every product u by these days, no god dam quality or tlc anymore . gona do a full reinstall with the 7 disks we had to burn when we got it . what a pain . i hate win M.S. AND BILL GATES . MY FRENDS GOING TO APLLE BEACAUSE OF HIS PC TOO. EVERY PROG ALWAYS SAYS NOT RESPONDING . then he task manages a end task, guess what , it never EVER ends the task , why bother puting that buton in if it can NEVER WORK .

temps r all empty . wont touch cclean or any 3rd party . totaly fkd up my frends p4 xp had to bin it . wouldent even reinstall had no disk ov course ,good 1 bill gates so got pc tech shop in no dice . bugered p c up . he got an apple !!!!!!!

temps r all empty . wont touch cclean or any 3rd party . totaly fkd up my frends p4 xp had to bin it . wouldent even reinstall had no disk ov course ,good 1 bill gates so got pc tech shop in no dice . bugered p c up . he got an apple !!!!!!![/QUO

i use win 7 64 bit and i have found that is extremely stable and reliable, the disk cleanup utility provided by windows is very good as well, as is the scandisk utility, which if i was you i would run first if possible. all i can see from your post is that defrag won't run in safe mode, which is of no help. can you boot to normal windows? i'd be glad to help you

[. all i can see from your post is that defrag won't run in safe mode, which is of no help. can you boot to normal windows? i'd be glad to help you[/QUOTE]

yes it finaly opens in normal mode and all scans and defrag works in normal mode . so y not in safe mode ?

[. all i can see from your post is that defrag won't run in safe mode, which is of no help. can you boot to normal windows? i'd be glad to help you

yes it finaly opens in normal mode and all scans and defrag works in normal mode . so y not in safe mode ?[/QUOTE]

Disk Defragmentation all the skinny lol

ahhh that was smart. just like stufing up explorer expanding tabs for folders drops out ov view every time . is there a fix yet ??

'stufing up explorer expanding tabs for folders drops out ov view every time' is kinda confusing, sorry.

the win explorer problem we all have just anuther stuff up they made by changing the way explerer works . it was perfect in xp . not now in 7
is there a fix

when you type defrag c: it will say 'invoking etc' let it just work for a few minutes. it is using that time to analyze your drive and will appear to be doing nothing. when it's ready it will tell you what it found, etc.

when you type defrag c: it will say 'invoking etc' let it just work for a few minutes. it is using that time to analyze your drive and will appear to be doing nothing. when it's ready it will tell you what it found, etc.
no it never sed that in comand promt screene

Win7 (& 8) defrag wkly, by default, natively. One need do nothing... except make sure the machine is not shut of when defrag is going to run. Pretty sure it's during the night, mid-wk.

Drew

ok ..ok ok ok ok ok ok okk oko

Win7 (& 8) defrag wkly, by default, natively. One need do nothing... except make sure the machine is not shut of when defrag is going to run. Pretty sure it's during the night, mid-wk.

Drew

Back
Top Bottom