Windows 7 Win 7 freezes on resume from sleep

ameneses54

Dear Subscribers,
Win 7 home premium,4 GB Ram
Apparently the computer resumes from sleep but really it freezes and no input from the keys or mouse are valid---at this point only option is to reboot.
Please advise.

Arturo

Roughly 1: you need to install the latest drivers for your display
Roughly 2: one or some of your latest updates have messed up.

It's apparently a problem that popped up lately? You could try a Restoration point, System Restore - Microsoft Windows

From my experience this normally occurs as a result of the hard drive stopping. Sometimes the hard drive is set to turn off even before the PC goes to sleep. Go to "Control Panel", then "Power Options", then "Change advanced power settings", then "Hard disk", then "turn off hard disk after" then On battery, Plugged in and change both to "Never".
Putting a pc to sleep keeps power on the motherboard and I have had to replace a few laptop motherboards because the laptop was put to sleep. If you have enough free space on the hard drive I recommend using hibernate.

Dear Subscribers,
Win 7 home premium,4 GB Ram
Apparently the computer resumes from sleep but really it freezes and no input from the keys or mouse are valid---at this point only option is to reboot.
Please advise.

Arturo

1. Did the problem happen after making some changes to the bios settings, or windows settings?
2. Are the power lights on before and when you are trying to resume from sleep by using the keyboard/mouse?

Back