Windows 7 win 7 product key dosent wrk

sam pugh

hi i bought windows 7 home prieum 32bit the full version not upgrade i installed it on my computer and activated it had no trouble with it

then my motherboard went so i had 2 get a new 1 n did a fresh install of windows 7 but now my product key wont work ive entered it in 5 times n it comes up with

"the product key you entered can not be used to activate windows on this computer"

and has an error code 0XC004C008 "the activation sever determind that the specified product key could not be use"

any help would be appercitated thx

hi i bought windows 7 home prieum 32bit the full version not upgrade i installed it on my computer and activated it had no trouble with it

then my motherboard went so i had 2 get a new 1 n did a fresh install of windows 7 but now my product key wont work ive entered it in 5 times n it comes up with

"the product key you entered can not be used to activate windows on this computer"

and has an error code 0XC004C008 "the activation sever determind that the specified product key could not be use"

Time to phone M$ and plead your case. Shouldn't a problem in getting activated. You should have that option when you try to activate.

You didn't happen to buy the OEM version.
If you did one of the limitations of the OEM is that it can only be installed on one computer and is not transferable to another computer. Replacing the MB triggers the limitation.
If you have the retail DVD then a call to M$ may be in order.
Call them for either scenario.

1-800-Microsoft (642-7676)

You didn't happen to buy the OEM version.
If you did one of the limitations of the OEM is that it can only be installed on one computer and is not transferable to another computer. Replacing the MB triggers the limitation.
If you have the retail DVD then a call to M$ may be in order.
Call them for either scenario.

1-800-Microsoft (642-7676)

it was the retail

this is the place and the exact 1 i bought Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium - Retail (Full Version) [GFC-00025] Windows 7

thx 4 all ur help

i did the phone activation wen i had a bit of time n tht sorted it dont no why it did that bt glad its sorted

thx again for your replies very much aperciated

Back