Windows 7 Win 7 total crash

Paradigm

My wife's desktop is a victim of a system melt-down. I just spent all day with it and it did not stroke my ego.

Everything was working last nite. She went to use it this morning and nothing. I can't get it to boot to safe mode, I can't start it with networking, or boot normally. I can't even get it to boot from the sys disk. I used Bart PE to check the file system. Just fine, so no progress there. My last try got me to the welcome screen, then froze.

Any fresh ideas??? Any help would be greatly appreciated, anything to get the wife off my back :tongue:

Any fresh ideas??? Any help would be greatly appreciated, anything to get the wife off my back :tongue:

Tell her to stop spooning! :)

Do you reckon any chance of picking up something iffy? Can you get into Safe Mode (tap F8 at bios screen)?. If you can hit safe mode would suggest a virus of some sort, but to be honest, it worked last night, not now sounds a bit more of a catastrophic failiure.

Heck, This answer was more to let you know your prob has been noticed, but if you can let us know if Safe Mode works would be great. Also desktop :) or lappy :(??

You said it won't boot from sys disk, did you mean win7 DVD if you have one? If you have a win7 DVD I would try that and do the repair at least three times. If that does not help an inplace re-install.

I appriciate all ya'lls willingness to help, but now it's all for naught. I'm not sure if it was the MB or Power Supply fault, but as you can probably guess, it's "Toast City" for this puppy. At least I can hopefully find out what it was and learn from the experience. Now, does anybody know where I can find what all power ratings are so I can check things like continuity, etc. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom