Windows 7 Win 7 Ult 64bit Device Mgr Error PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D3A

cherrio

Extraordinary Member
Does anyone know how to get rid of the need for the drivers shown below?

I have tried to "update" drivers from the web, update pointing it to my Asus support CD, searched the ASUS support site, the Asus user manual, the Asus download section and Binged this vend/device and the only thing found is PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C3A. Searching for vend/ID one finds the device is
0x1D3AX79/C600 series chipset Management Engine Interface0x8086Intel Corporation

I have no idea why or how I am to find these drivers, OR why my PC is telling me I need them.

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Asus Mobo P9X79-E-WS, Xeon 1650 v2, 16Gb RAM, two SSD(one for OS) and 2 Seagate HDD. All Win 7 updates installed.
p9x79devicemgrerror_zpse914d2ee.jpg

Usually with the "other devices" that have those "?" is a good indicator that you have a missing driver. After looking carefully through the list...I see one for the PCI SCC (simple communications controller) and this one is usually associated with the chipset driver. I see that your mobo has 4 listed. I would install the first 2 on the list.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P9X79E_WS/#support

I also see a new BIOS release...that may help for stability. I would install that as well. The new BIOS is dated 1/21/2014 v1501 and the previous one is dated 12/24/2013 v1406. Seeing how it almost a year old, I'd install/flash the BIOS.

As Bassfisher mentions, the Simple Communications controller is the Intel Management Engine Interface device. You can find a driver at the link below under chipset for the MEI. I am not sure exactly what page the link will allow you to go, just make sure you have selected Windows 7 for the OS. Make sure and use the model P9x79-E WS when searching for the model information.

http://www.service.asus.com/#!downloads/c1wax

I am not sure what the other devices are, but the bet would be a chipset driver. I don't have that board, and the WS version may have devices I am not accustomed to.

What drivers have you downloaded and installed from Asus?

Usually with the "other devices" that have those "?" is a good indicator that you have a missing driver. After looking carefully through the list...I see one for the PCI SCC (simple communications controller) and this one is usually associated with the chipset driver. I see that your mobo has 4 listed. I would install the first 2 on the list.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P9X79E_WS/#support
Thanks a lot - I installed them both and the error messages have disappeared.

I also see a new BIOS release...that may help for stability. I would install that as well. The new BIOS is dated 1/21/2014 v1501 and the previous one is dated 12/24/2013 v1406. Seeing how it almost a year old, I'd install/flash the BIOS.
I am leery of flashing a bios - only experience I have is with DVD writers and NAS platforms. I have been taught not to flash bios unless you know you need the update.

I fear I will make a mistake and end up with an unbootable mobo. I tried reading Asus info on the technique last night and realize it is quite complicated.

Have you run across anything readable that could help me understand the steps involved? Why do I need a USB stick that is formatted in FAT 32? I have formatted all mine in NTFS because of the limit on root number of files in FAT

Asus does not make this an easy step and if you have any other links I would appreciate it,. Yet when you read their sales literature they make it sound oh so easy.

Good news!

As for the BIOS, it would only be needed for system stability or if you plan on upgrading to windows 8. MS recommends the BIOS to be updated for windows 8 installations. That being said, we'll hold off for now with the BIOS upgrade and monitor the system for a few weeks for any more issues.

Note: depending on the age of the mobo, you may be able to update the BIOS from with in windows, if its a modern mobo. I did it this way on my Samsung RV511 laptop...worked perfectly.

PS
I'll see what I can find on the "how to" part of upgrading the BIOS of your mobo.

Back