Windows 7 Win 7 Ultimate DVD-Drive Issue

memzback

Hey,

I have two machines, both running Win 7 Ultimate. Today I discovered that neither will read a CD or DVD. Both will show the icon of the disc loaded, show the proper remaning space, but not let me open the drive contents in explorer. I can scan the CD with my AV and see the files being scanned so I know the computer is actually reading the DVD just not showing it in explorer. In safe mode, I am able to open up the CD with no problems. I also have tested on other computers with good results.

Both these machines have been recently rebuilt using the same Win7 install disc. They also share many of the same programs (VMWare, Expression Web, Netbeans, etc) - nothing I could think that would cause this sort of issue. On one machine, there is a windows system error in the error log that reads that the ASPI service could not be started because the file can not be found, but this does not appear on the other machine.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mem

Hey,

I have two machines, both running Win 7 Ultimate. Today I discovered that neither will read a CD or DVD. Both will show the icon of the disc loaded, show the proper remaning space, but not let me open the drive contents in explorer. I can scan the CD with my AV and see the files being scanned so I know the computer is actually reading the DVD just not showing it in explorer. In safe mode, I am able to open up the CD with no problems. I also have tested on other computers with good results.

Both these machines have been recently rebuilt using the same Win7 install disc. They also share many of the same programs (VMWare, Expression Web, Netbeans, etc) - nothing I could think that would cause this sort of issue. On one machine, there is a windows system error in the error log that reads that the ASPI service could not be started because the file can not be found, but this does not appear on the other machine.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mem

I suspect you have a drive-letter assignment problem. Right-click My Computer/Manage and see if you need to reassign a drive letter to your DVD.

Back
Top Bottom