Windows 7 Win 7. Uninstall Skrydrive. OneDrive will not install

QwakCardo

I have a windows 7 ultimate laptop updated with the latest microsoft updates.

I had SkyDrive working fine using a hotmail account. I then got a second computer
with windows 8.1 setup using OneDrive with a Live account.

Finally, I tried changing the laptop to OneDrive using the new Live account
by uninstalling SkyDrive on it, downloading OneDrive app and installing that.

It starts the install process, shows the OneDrive folder under favorites, but
when I hit the Get Started button on the dialog box showing the different
devices it switches to a second, all blank white, box and remains stuck there
until eventually after days I shutdown the laptop.

I'm stuck in no man's land and cannot access OneDrive on the laptop, but I can
see my files under the new live account. The OneDrive Support site is useless
to me for this. Can anybody help?

Thanks

The laptop, as you pointed out, all ready has one drive installed on it. So I'm confused as to why you would want to uninstall skydrive when it's not even on there.

MS was sued and lost the right to use the name Skydrive as it contains the word "Sky" which is copy right protected by a UK company. So MS changed it to onedrive and all versions of skydrive were to be changed out in some upcoming updates.

OK..I just went to my laptop which I'm dual booting, windows 7 Home Premium as host OS with 8.1.1 Pro. I just went through the whole process of downloading and installing onedrive on windows 7. Not one issue. I now have onedrive installed and completely synced up and working great.

OK..I just went to my laptop which I'm dual booting, windows 7 Home Premium as host OS with 8.1.1 Pro. I just went through the whole process of downloading and installing onedrive on windows 7. Not one issue. I now have onedrive installed and completely synced up and working great.

Sorry I did not get to your reply until now and thanks for exploring my problem with me.

I wanted to uninstall SkyDrive because I thought I needed to for switching from it being linked to my hotmail.com address to OneDrive using my live.com address. Note, there are 2 different e-mail address being used. Sorry for my ignorance, but it's too late to reverse the clock.

I'm glad you had no problems, but I do not think you exactly reproduced what I did. To really do so you would have had to had SkyDrive installed already linked to a hotmail.com account. Tried to uninstall it. Finally, reinstalled OneDrive to the live.com address. I'm not even sure by now what I'm really trying to say by that, but I do know I'm STUCK in the middle of the install process because when I click on the OneDrive folder in Favorites its hows the initial install devices dialog box again then clicks to the blank box. It does this EVERY time I try.

What you need to do is uninstall all Skydrive and Onedrive software from your system.

What you need to do is uninstall all Skydrive and Onedrive software from your system.

Sorry, but as I tried to explain before I already HAVE tried to uninstall it. To be clear I have tried both windows & Revo uninstalling. It is removed from uninstall programs.

It still leaves the OneDrive shortcut in Favorites and reinstalling at this point only ends with the same blank dialog.

There are 2 UNLINKED accounts for my pc's. This pc is hooked to hotmail id still, but I tried to install to live id and thus cause problem.

I have other devices that still link to hotmail id. My new win 8.1 pc is linked to live id.

Using browser and logging into each id shows there are completely separate and accessible from the browser.

This problem pc is in no man's land having been linked to the old hotmail SkyDrive, but in the middle of the new OneDrive linked to the new live id thus explorer related software is stuck.

I gave up and had to image back over 8 months to get to a skydrive I then was able to uninstall and next install onedrive. Unfortunately I'm now reinstalling again a LOT of software.

I switched from OS X for the hardware newr-lower cost, but then am remember all the benefits of a closed OS X system!

Back
Top Bottom